Friday, June 24, 2005

Ramblings....

I was asked today,....
are you ever going to post again?
Yeah, you know who you are..... :o)

So, since I've been lazy.... and really not a whole lot to jabber about honestly... I thought I would just ramble on about the things that are kinda going on around here. Where to start???? Ohh..... Kim, you'll like this one :o) I actually had meant to blog about this over the weekend but well, it's been a rough week more or less. Lets just go back in time a bit.... back to umm.... Friday 17th.

We had a dinner date,.... MIL was to keep the two rugrats for us, and we were going out to dinner with DH's friend and his wife. We've been out with them once or twice before. He's really quiet and mellow.... Happy to sit back and let others enjoy the evening at his expense I guess you could say. She's much younger than he is, and is always out looking for a good time LOL She's a trip. Anyhow, they picked us up and we headed out to eat,..... although we didn't know where.... we knew we were driving into Memphis, and we needed to decide WHERE to eat. Finally chose Red Lobster. I've never really eaten there that I can recall, I think once when I was a kid maybe. It was pretty good.... I even tried the seafood pizza. Something about fish or chicken on a pizza rubs me wrong... but honestly this wasn't like a regular pizza to begin with, was pretty yummy :o) We enjoyed the food, the conversation the LACK OF CHILDREN :o) After we ate, it was around 10pm.... hmmm what to do??? The idea of going to a "gentlemen's club" came up.... and not from the guys or myself. Knowing I've never been,... she was all up for going. DH didn't mind the idea either LOL Imagine that??? LOL His thought was that if I was too uncomfortable, we'd leave. So, yes we went. Sorry to disappoint ya Kim, but no, I didn't do the lapdance,.... or tip any girls... I sat off in the sidelines and just watched. I love watching people and my God what a place to do people watching LOL I watched this cute tiny girl (stripper) lead a pudgy, unkempt looking man off to the "lap dance area"... I don't think if I had the coordination to dance like they do in those frickin heals from Hell, that I could NOT be picky with whom I would dance for. DH said "it's the old fat ones that have the money...." Might be true, but I think I'd prefer the well dressed good looking men LOL But hey, that's just me! All in all we spent maybe an hour there, and it was interesting. There were fat girls, skinny girls, girls with HUGE boobs, girls with no boobs.... (that made me feel pretty good actually LOL) but my take on the whole place??? It was nothing more than a dance club minus the dancing. Loud music, lots of lights and more men than women. Although, DH said that he saw more women there than he's ever seen before,.... and I mean in the crowd. There were a handful of girls that would go up to tip the main dancer, and not get off the stage!! It was really something to watch LOL I must say that I do feel silly for getting so worked up over these places,... and actually probably wouldn't mind going back to one, where the girls actually could perform. Seriously, there wasn't a lot of dancing going on.

We didn't get home till 2am, and come morning, DH woke me and I'm thinkin it's too early to get up..... kids are still gone.... nice and quiet house.... look at the time and it's 10am!!! Our plans for the day were to go take a look at Jim Walter's Homes.... So, I jumped out of the bed and got ready and off we went. We spoke with a nice lady, who's granddaughter ended up being someone DH went to school with years ago. She assured us if we did what she suggested we could get into this home by Christmas. So, we're waiting to hear for sure on this. I really hate waiting.

Our home right now is tiny for the 6 of us. It's OLD, and has lots of problems,... we need something bigger for sure and something we don't have to try and keep up with. DH was to start a new position within his company. Not a more plush job unfortunately. He works for a steel plant,... and his job before now was mechanical engineer,... he wrote up drawings/programs for how the steel would be rolled through the machines and how it would look when it was all done. Basically they make huge steel beams for large construction projects. I think some of the steel now is actually being used for the new towers if I'm not mistaken. Anyhow,.... the company has always paid the mill workers a production bonus. DH never got this bonus since he was considered as working in the office,..... after 10 yrs of working in this office.... he's now going to the mill, to work the machines that roll out these steel bars. He just started Tuesday night. It will be tons more money, so we hope to be able to have this new home built. The job itself is sucky. It's hot and dripping wet sweaty work, he comes home blowing black crap out of his nose, and so tired that he can barely stand up. Granted this is the first week so it's really a rough adjustment. His hours will end up being 4 days on, 4 days off. He will work nights one week, and days the next. The pros to this job of course the #1 being the money, but we look forward to when he's doing the actual 4 days off. We hope for it to mean more time together, to maybe go fishing or do stuff with the kids.

So, that's been my week. DH works tonight, and will be off Sat, Sun and Monday. Hopefully that's enough time for him to recoup after the hard ass week he's had. Wish us luck on the house,.... I really hope to know something/anything by the end of next week, if not sooner. Really is killing me,... I soooo love that house!!!

Anyhow, suppose until next session, have a great cool summer,..... I know we're stayin indoors for a few days.... 89 degrees/feels like 92 (32 degrees/feels like 33 for those of you in metric lands) and it's just now 10am!!! It won't be getting any cooler over the next few days either. Phew!!! Too hot to play outside!!!

No comments: