Thursday, February 09, 2006

And the winner is......

Nahh... no winners :o) Just thought I'd say that as this follows the night of the awards dealie last night......

I did get my grades back Monday though!! A perfect score is 50. My "Anything" assignment was of the cat in the bag,... I got a 45/50. Okay.... I lied,... due to it being late, I got a 44 (but what's one point?) I was very pleased with that, as I knew this was the better photo submission.

The picture of the figurine, I got 44/50 and the one of the cat/bookcase 43/50!!! Wow huh??? Yeah, I was pretty darned surprised.

This weeks turn in is supposed to be "Natural Lighting". Well, over the weekend, when the sun actually tried to poke through the clouds, I attempted some trial shots in our yard. However, no matter what I did, the camera was showing "underexposed" on the meter. This didn't make me happy to say the least. What was I doing wrong??? Very frustrating!

Well, Monday morning, I was fiddling with the camera, the lenses etc,... when I was messing with my normal lens, I saw that the aperture wasn't moving inside. This is what needs to move to let the light in (or keep light out) and what would change how the exposure is for outside. Hmm..... it's STUCK????? No WONDER I wasn't getting good readings huh???? Or maybe I am just confused and don't know what the Hell I'm talking about as I've never messed with stuff like this.

I took the camera along with me to class. I popped in and talked to the lab guy Ernie and had him take a look at the lens. He moved things around and confirmed what I didn't want to hear.... it was busted. *SIGH*

After speaking to my instructor, I explained and told him for at least this assignment I would use my digital. I've gotta clean the card though.... as I got to have some fun with my SIL over the weekend and took some nice shots of the kids :)

I am in the process of trying to find a replacement lens for the Canon AE1 now.... found a pretty awesome site for stuff for it. I hope to maybe over time (as I learn more on how to use various lenses) to buy more from there. www.keh.com is the site

Here are a few of the pictures I took (and edited in Photoshop Elements 2.0) over the weekend of the kids :) I think they turned out pretty decent. I had my aperture setting off though, as they all came out too dark.

So, there you have it,.... and much to my surprise, I don't suck that bad with a camera when it comes to assignments. It's easy to snap off a few pics of the kids or cats, but to get to specifics,.... a little more complicated. But, I'm learning...... slowly :o)

Hmmm... for some reason the pictures aren't publishing on here.... I will try again later on :)

No comments: