Thursday, June 02, 2011

Hello June....

Yeah, I really am a suck ass blogger.

School is now over for the year.  Kids did pretty well grade wise.  I'm peeved about the whole benchmark exam that we have to have here.  Our school (and I'm sure other schools as well) focus so hard on that stupid exam that it seems they lack on actual school work.  Geoff has a super hard time with math.  I hope one day that a light comes on and he just "gets it".  Until then we struggle through with him.  Benchmark exam they said he scored proficient which is great,.... but why does he have an F on his report card???? *sigh*  Other than that he did great.  Very proud of all 3 kids.  Hard to believe next year I will have a 5th, 8th and 11th grader!!!

In other news,.... I know I jabbered about going back to school and doing nursing.  After talking with a gal that is going through the program herself, I realized that it's going to take me more than 2 years to get through it all.  I will have to do the pre-prerequisites for the classes I would need for nursing.  That sucks.  

So,... going back to my original plan when my cousin moved here.  Nail school.  I will go to school and get a license to do nails!! I'm really excited about it.  I've always had a thing about my nails, enjoy cleaning them up and making them look nice.  I still remember mom getting me a little bag filled with fun nail goodies.  I was maybe 12.  When she would sit in the living room doing her nails, I would do mine too.  Our hope is that once Gina really builds up a clientele then we can open a salon together!! So, we'll see.  I hope that I can start this school sometime late July or early August.  Be done around Dec or so.  I really like the idea of setting my own schedule and being my own boss.  This way when hubby is home, and we want to make plans, I can arrange that.  Rather than having to make sure I can get time off.  
Yup yup, that's the plan now and I'm sticking to this one :o)  I'll keep you posted!!

No comments: