Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Another day,.... another dollar,.....

So,... I have completed my first month of school now.  It's been going very well.  I'm still very excited about it.  I look forward to going and learning and DOING.  I want to be the BEST I can be with this.  I really hope to do very well once I have my license.  Am just really excited to be working!

I think since I've gotten to the floor,... (as of Aug 31st per Facebook status) I have probably made roughly $30 in tips.  I think that's pretty good considering it's a school, and most of the clients that come in are on a fixed income.  More times than not, I get tipped $1.  Hey, it's a dollar more than I had before right??? Not to mention, dollars add up!!!  And then the kids take them away *sigh*
I can't even begin to count how many pedicures I've done.  Way more than manicures.  Although, from an already licensed nail tech, she said that she'd much rather do pedicures than mani's because you get more for them.  Good point!!!  I don't mind either though.  I've really gotten used to doing pedicures though.  I actually did one on the already nail tech and she gave me an 8/10.  I liked that :o)  I'll be sad when she leaves,... which is this month some time.  I hope to pick her brain more before then.  She's given me a lot of advice.

Yesterday was rather *grrr*  Because too many were not doing anything Friday or Saturday, they started a "daily assignment".  The daily assignment must be done if you have no clients,... must be done before you do anything on each other.  Well, being that I'm part time, I don't have a lot of free time to do what we have to do for our monthly sheets too!!  After we got out of class, it was just after 10am.  I got started on the assignment, and by the time I finished and had it checked it was 12:30.  Enough time to snarf down my lunch and get ready for my 1pm client.  Once I was done with the client, I had to beat feet outta there!!!  It was already after 2pm.
The good thing though is that this assignment is basically what I will do for the practical board exam, when I go to get my license.  Everything we're doing, is what I will do there.  So, the more I do this at school, the better I will be for the final exam.  I guess that is a good thing,... just that I still have like 5 more pedicures to get finished along with a ton of manicures before the end of the month.

Another GRR moment was when a client wanted to borrow a polish of mine,.... and the girl that sits beside me was doing her pedicure.  I had a NEW polish,.... hardly used.... and she spilled it all over the client and the floor.  Grrr.  I was so pissed.  *deep breath*  I will be very happy to be graduated that's for sure.  I can't stand unprofessional people.  We are in a business,... put your professional personality on please!?!  Dang.  BUT I am in a school of mostly 18yr old girls.  Oh the dramas.  

YESTERDAY :o) Was my 14th Wedding Anniversary!!!  FOURTEEN YEARS!! :o) I've now doubled my prior marriage time.  It just really makes me excited, and happy.  I can look back,... sure I remember a few icky times,... but ya know,... the GREAT times far out weigh those.  I have a beautiful happy family, a husband that is my best friend.  He takes such great care of us,... of ME.  I am very fortunate.  *sigh* makes me all emotional just thinking about it all.  
I've got a lovely cold, so sadly our evening together wasn't spectacular,... but we were home, together.  Sure beats the fact that he could've been working nights!! That would've sucked.  I hope to make it up to him this weekend,... I know we'll go to dinner Saturday night,... looking forward to that :o) But I look forward to some quality time Sunday as well.  

Anyhow, I need to go get my lunch ready for today.  Run the dogs outside,... all that fun stuff.
Happy Anniversary to US!!

No comments: