Monday, October 19, 2009

You know it's time for home schooling when....

Your daughter gets into the car after school and the first thing she tells you about is how her teacher sorta melted down.

The class wasn't cooperating is what I gather,... finally a student answers a question, and the teacher thanks her and proceeds to sit down at her desk and tell the students that she gives up, that they can do what they want and she'll sit at her desk and just relax. She sat down and removed her glasses, and had to wipe her eyes. Sydney said she was crying real tears!?!

To add insult to injury, one of the office workers comes in and tells them all that they're going to get zero's but nooooo.. they don't CARE about zero's do they????

I'm sorry.... is this teaching???? I'm confused.

I'm very frustrated. I send youngest to school w/ notes in his folder for the teacher, and never get replies. Just a simple "I got your note" or SOMETHING, ANYTHING would be great!!

Then there are the papers he's to return,.... they sit in his folder and I wonder "did she see these??" "did you turn these in??" to which he says yes, "did she see them??" "I think so?" *headdesk*

Communication is lacking lately. If I didn't think I'd have no hair at the end of a week, I really would give home schooling a shot,.... and like hubby says,.. the kids need the interaction with the other kids. He is right about that, especially w/ Geoffery. He's VERY social.

Oh well, what can we do?? I know teaching isn't EASY, but there just seems to be something amiss here.

No comments: