Friday, August 12, 2011

Last Summer Friday.....

Yup, today is IT.  The very last Friday of Summer 2011!! Wow.  Hard to believe that the kids will be returning this Monday for a whole new year.  I'll have one in 5th, 8th and 11th!! Crazy!!!

I think we're all ready.  I've got most all the school supplies I know they need, and think they WILL need.  I never know exactly what the older 2 need until they come home from their first day of school.  That's always nice. (not really)
Cousin did Sydney's hair for her the other day! She looks so pretty!!! It's not AS blonde as it looks, but it's pretty blonde!!! She LOVES it,... especially all the layers! Oh and she's got a few feathers in her hair too,... that's the latest hair trend for girls these days.
Sydney's new look
She's anxious for school to start, I'd say she's really missed her friends.  It's so hard to get together with friends during the summer.  If we're not doing something, then the friend is.  She's spent the last week of summer going to school to practice for band.  She's enjoyed the week that's for sure.  Today they get to go to the movies after practice.  Nice way to finish off the week!
Jessica has been slowly reading her English assignment and doing the work for it.  I think (hope!) she's about done.  The joys of taking an AP English class is that you get summer work.  Bleh.  At least the book wasn't HORRIBLE.  There were SOME good parts to it she said.  

Awww cute girls!
 We've been slowly gearing up to our school routine.  Going to bed earlier, getting up earlier.  I know that it's still going to be horrible come Monday.  Sydney's been up by 7am all this week, but after I get home from taking her to the school, is when I wake Jessica and Geoffery.  Lately, Geoff has been up when I get home, which is good although, he's not happy about it.  This morning I told him he needed to go eat.  At 8am he said he was NOT hungry.  Um.  Monday, it will be like 6:30am, so you'd best go eat.  Yeah, gonna be a rough week ahead for sure!!!  

Geoff and Phoebe playing
 It's been a lot of fun having a new "baby" in the house.  I have forgotten how demanding they are LOL  I almost look forward to naptime too!! She really is something else.  Funny and sweet and well, all the wonderful puppy stuff!!!  Yes, we've had some accidents in the house, but really for the most part, she does very well.  Helps that I'm quick to run her outside after she wakes from her nap.  She held her bladder all night last night, so that's a plus too.  I guess I worry about her when I start school and she's kenneled for the day when no one's home.  That will be an adjustment for her for sure.

She thinks this big tote full of yarn is a great place to nap
 Ares and Xena still don't know what to make of her, I've yet to really get any pictures of them together.  They sort of try and play with her, but at the same time, they want to keep away from her.  Xena is very jealous,... that won't ever change.  She's jealous if I give a kid too much attention in her line of sight LOL Ares, he wants to play,.... not with the toy you're trying to play with with HIM, he wants the toy that you're playing with, with Phoebe.  Goofy dogs.  I look forward to when Phoebe's a bit older and they will all play together.  I know Ares will LOVE it.  He's way more playful with toys and things than Xena is.  

Spoiled, pretty Xena
 When Phoebe sleeps, she sleeps so hard that you can put her in various poses! It's really funny.  Her whole body just goes limp.  I had fun messing with her the other day....

I'm trying to sleep here!

Modesty? I haz it?
 All in all it's been a pretty good week.  Busy at home, getting things ready for next week.  Hubby's been working nights all week, and will work Saturday night as well.  That pretty much sucks because when he's off, we'll all be going to school.  Kids return Monday, I start Tuesday.  Should be a very interesting adjustment to say the least.

I will leave you with one last puppy pic! This is probably my favorite.  I plan to mow soon, so had to make sure I got one of these.  She LOVES to roll around and hide in the tall grass.  Her coloring and the green of the grass, nice contrast I think!!  She's not fond of outside really.  Especially if it's hot.  We have to walk her out into the yard just so she has to run back to the porch.  Usually during that run, she will stop to potty LOL  Spoiled girl.  If we're out awhile, and it's hot, she will cry to go inside!!  She had enough of our high heat indexes and all to last her a long while it would seem.

Off to finish up laundry! Have a great weekend!!!
Sweet Phoebe

No comments: