Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Spring time......

Means cleaning right??? Why is that??? What is it about the change of seasons that makes us want to clean house?? I mean, not that I ever really WANT to clean.... but it sorta takes over me sometimes. I set out to mop the kitchen floor this morning. This was right around 9am. It's after noon now. What have I accomplished so far???

I have swept out the entryway.... the liter box is on the other side of this area, where the laundry room is, so liter always gets onto this floor. While sweeping, I wondered about the filter for the heater,... there is a cupboard along that wall... and OMG I think the last time it was changed was... umm.... dunno... year ago??? LOL Could be more even. Anyhow, I did what I could to clean it up till I go shopping this week. I used the vacuum and cleaned out that small cupboard area too. An over achiever maybe?? I don't know.... that or just anal. Hubby would probably pick the latter..... as I am the one that put all his CD's into his larger CD case in alphabetical order after all LOL

So, between catching up on all my blogging buddies lives, and cleaning.... I've yet to actually mop the kitchen floor. No,... I'm still over achieving. I do like that better than being considered anal. Cleaned out a cupboard,.... junk in there we won't ever use.... trashed..... cleaned off a countertop. Anyone else save the little Koolaid points??? I've been doing it for years.... one year I used the points we had saved (which was a crap load) and spent them at the koolaid site, got our son a gameboy, and a few other things and used them at Christmas time!! Wow huh?? Lately, the prizes haven't been that great, yet I still save them. I can't seem to stop. I can't just throw them away... what if one day they offer a new car or house for the points???? I'd have it made. So, I've got bags of the things, they need to be clipped and I dont want to take the time (as it would probably take HOURS) to do it just yet.

Then I found my EZ Off spray. Ahhh.... I meant to do that like weeks ago!! Went ahead and sprayed the oven down with that. Then back to the countertops, and cupboards......

I have mopped the entryway.... and I have swept part of the kitchen for mopping.... I figure do it all in sections,.... one area at a time ya know???? Maybe by the time hubby gets home from work, the kitchen will be clean???? I can only hope!

No comments: