Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Weird dreams....

Last night was really bad for sleep. Tossed and turned, that sort of thing. However, when I did manage to fall asleep, I dreamt of my Grandma and Grandpa. Both have been gone for years. I dreamt I was at their house, with my mom, and my family. Also the three kittens. I remember seeing Grandma with our youngest, who she never knew about, I remember helping her wash dishes.... and her grumbling because one of the kittens pee'd on her carpet. I knew the kittens were upsetting her due to this, so I took them to the empty garage. They never had a garage where they lived. When I woke again,... I thought, how horrible I was for bringing the kittens to their house, as Grandpa was very allergic to pet dander.

Fell back to sleep, and there I was again dreaming weird dreams. I'm not sure where I was,... I want to say back at grandma's again though. My Uncle Johnny was there, and he was talking to me,... he asked "Before we got started, how many uncles did you have??" I said 5. Grandma had 5 boys,... so I think I was counting Uncle Johnny who is my Grandpa's son from his first marriage. Then from around the corner, my Uncle Rod walked in. I was stunned. I can still recall that feeling sitting here. I was literally in shock. Uncle Rod had passed away years ago. He was cremated and ashes sprinkled out into the ocean. Yet there he stood. Smiling. He was trying to convince me that he was who he really is. I saw my mom in the other room, watching my reaction. She seemed unsure as well. Yet, he kept talking to me,... "Sing me the song you used to sing when you were a little girl" he said. He sang a bit of it,.... something to do with chocolate or candy or something if I recall. I told him "I didn't sing when I was little, I was too shy and quiet" By this time, Mom got up and went to him, kissed him on the cheek, and walked back into the livingroom. It was like she knew then it really was him,.... but I still couldn't believe it. He followed her to the livingroom and I woke up again.

Dec 1971 - Uncle Rod and I

My mom told me of a dream she once had with my Uncle Jack in it,... he was someone I really idolized. She said that in this dream, he told her she needed to get her affairs in order. She took this to heart, and she got some paperwork type stuff together. I'm not sure what all it was, maybe a will?? but I dont think so. In any event,... what were these people from my past trying to tell me??? Why is it that I even dreamt of my Uncle? I've not really given him much thought lately. He's been gone for many years. Why didn't my Dad come to me? or my Uncle Jack?? I just think that dreams can be weird, and if it is their way of reaching out, I wish that it wasn't so cryptic.

Well, with what little sleep I got last night, I'm going to catch a catnap on the couch for awhile. Who knows, maybe I'll have another family reunion in my dreams.

No comments: