Monday, May 16, 2005

Updates....

Not too awful much going on here these days. The kids are counting down to the last day of school (May 25th... sorta) and I'm rather looking forward to it too. That should wear off in about a week of them being home.

I never did blog about Mother's Day. On Saturday, the girls and I went to a Garden Tea Party thrown by the Girl Scouts. We were to attend in our Sunday best. The girls were very much excited about this event. I wanted to go to please them. The thought of driving an hour away for tea didn't thrill me. However, once there, we had a really nice time. It was in an auditorium of one of the larger hospitals,.... the garden??? I don't know where that was actually. We had our picture taken at a set garden style table and chairs. I look forward to seeing how they turned out. We had finger foods and tea (or punch if that was your preference). They had door prizes and crafts for the girls as well. It really was a nice event.

When I returned home, I was pleasantly surprised with my sweet husband and oldest son cleaning the livingroom and kitchen. Nothing can make a mom happier than returning home after a couple of hours being gone, and seeing the house clean. Was really sweet :o) Later that night, oldest points out "see, we even put away the last of the groceries" (I have a bad habit of leaving a bag or two out of canned goods or jar goods to put away later.....) "Yes, I saw that.... thank you.... I should leave the house more often huh?" "No, just on the day before Mother's Day" LOL

Come Mother's Day morning, I got up to get the kids ready for church. The girls had done their projects at school, and were anxious to show them to me. I always love the writing they do. It comes from their heart,... I would like to share some of that :o)

Youngest Daughter had to do a "My Mom Is Special!" writing.... (she's in 1st grade)

My Mom is special because: She takes care of me!
I like it when my Mom: Plays with me!
My Mom can do many things! I think she's best at: Making me laghf!
My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by: Making pikchers!
My Mom is as pretty as a: Rose
My Mom is smart! She even knows: how to count in spanish!

(yes, I did leave the misspelled words in)

Her other project was a sort of book,.... inside it's titled "My Best Mom" Inside she has written:

My best Mom smells like a rose. and I love her very much!

My best Mom hugs me a lot and I hug her too!
My Mom can play with me and I play with her! And my mom sometimes reads me a book and I read them too!

My Mom let me have my own cat and I'm happy about that!

I youstoo (used to) have a dog but we had to give it away but I still love her very much

And my best Mom loves me and I love her too!

Once they were out the door for church, I could take a few minutes to wake up all the way..... I spoke with my mom for a good while.... then the hubby and I spent the rest of the day playing WoW online :) It was a quiet nice day.

As the school year draws to an end,... things tend to get hectic. This coming weekend, on Saturday 3 of the 4 kids all have something going on. At 4am I'm to drop the oldest daughter off at the scout hut as she's going on a weekend trip with them, oldest son needs to be up to the school at I don't know yet because he can't seem to remember to bring the paper home about it... he's going on a trip with his band class to a local amusement park, and then youngest daughter is going with her brownie troop to have a manicure and pedicure and out for pizza after that. Phew!! School has their awards program on the Monday after that.... Tuesday they get out at 10:30 and Weds we have to be up to the school by I think 8:30 to get report cards and that's it,.... no more school!!

No comments: