Monday, October 15, 2012

Perfection

Nothing is ever perfect. The grass is never really greener. Life is what you make of it.

It can be great, boring, fun or sad. I've had a little of all. I've been sad enough that I needed to walk away. Back then I didn't know if it was the right decision or not. I was scared. I worried about things I wasn't sure I could control or fix. I just did what in my heart I felt I had to do.

I can look back on those days. I can remember making myself sick with stress. Not being able to eat. Just feeling so young, alone and unsure.

The changes I made weren't just good for me, they were good for my kids too. I'm forever grateful for what I have now. Even when the days don't seem so perfect. They may not be perfect right then, but I think I have plenty of almost perfect days to make up for the ones that aren't.

Just feeling fortunate tonight.


























No comments: