Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekends

Are often too short.  Had a pretty nice weekend this weekend,.... Friday we lounged, and I got to be extra lazy only doing a few things around the house.  Hubby went and picked kids up and even dropped the girls off for the football game.  Was really nice not having to run around like a crazy mom.  We stayed up watching TV,... was just very relaxing. 

Saturday I woke fairly early,... it's still sleeping in if it's past 6:30,... but 6:50?? Could've done a LITTLE better!?! LOL  I knew I needed to get up though,... house to clean, had to get ready as we were taking Jess and her friend to the movies.

Crawled out of bed, dogs were already in kennels,.... headed to the bathroom and started getting cleaned up and ready to go.  Took the dogs out and then started in on the housework.  Woke hubby and Jess at 9 and by then I had had a lot done.  Once they were awake, I vacuumed,... then did my hair and off we went by 10:30. 

Dropped the girls off to see Frankenweenie.... yup.  Weirdos.  All the good scary/gory movies out and that's what they wanted to see LOL 

We went to Hobby Lobby! I bought BEADS!! I'm going to attempt to make what's called a Nepal bracelet,.... I wasn't sure I was getting the right stuff,... as my noted instructions weren't very clear after all.  Asking for a top stitch thread from these people,... they had NO clue.  So,... I guessed.  Hopefully it will work, I think it will.

We then went to the mall,.... got coffee and an apple tart from the Barnes & Noble Starbucks,... wandered the mall a bit,.... got hubby a couple new tshirts from Hot Topic :o)  Went back through Barnes and Noble and I found a book on crotchet beaded jewelry.  Had the bracelet I'm wanting to make, plus much more!! YAY!! It was PERFECT,... so got it,....  I can't wait to start creating!!!

Picked the girls up, they enjoyed the movie :o) Headed home and I started in cleaning a bit more,... the stuff that the kids (Sydney and Geoffery) didn't get done properly,... started food,.... baked ziti,.... had garlic bread and I baked a cheese cake for dessert,... that's what Jessica wanted :o)

It was really nice, Gina and family came over and we ate and enjoyed the evening,... felt like we'd not seen them like that in FOREVER.  Everyone's so busy with work and kids and all.  Missed my cousin :o) 

Jess got boots the other night,.... and we gave her a $50 Visa card,... she is dying to shop online for stuff LOL  She got a $25 Amazon card from Gina & family,.... so,.. ALL kinds of online shopping now!!  Grandma (my mom) got her a really pretty celtic moon necklace,... VERY pretty.  I think she's had a pretty good birthday :o) Still hard to believe she's 18. 

Today, I'm going to throw in a load of laundry or two,... kids need showers and such,... gotta figure out what I wanna fix for dinner.  BUT! for now I'm going to pull out all the bead stuff and see if I can't get started without too much interruption.  *pokes dogs*

No comments: