Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Yeah, it's been awhile huh? I never was any good with a journal LOL

Can you believe it's 2006?? Wow. I sure can't. Just feel like the year has flown by. All said and done, it's been a pretty good year. Full of the usual ups n downs, but I would like to think many more up's than downs :o) That's a good thing in my book.

Thanksgiving was really nice, went to DH's folks for food.... we eat early there, then come home and fix our own dinner, so we were plenty stuffed by the end of the day :o)

This Christmas oldest DD and DS went to their dads. I really hate when they're gone for Christmas. I can handle Thanksgiving, but Christmas just makes me feel lost without all my kids here. We did most of our shopping earlier than usual this year, so that did help. We had stuff on layaway and got it out before Christmas week!! That's like rare for us. Last few years it's been day before Christmas shopping.... well, close to that anyhow LOL I was very pleased. Plus, I found a lot of the things that youngest DD wanted, they were on the top of her list! Yup, was going to be a great Christmas for them!! Youngest DS is easy to buy for :o) Videogames, Spiderman, Pokemon.... easy easy. Inspite of oldest 2 being gone, this Christmas was really great. The fact that youngest DS was soooo into it all, just made it that much better. Both kids were thrilled with everything they got. Was a great day.

Best part was that DH was off for the next 4 days after Christmas. His schedule just landed like this, so it didn't cut into vacation days or anything. We spent the time lounging really hard :o) He got me a Nintendo DS with a ton of games, and I was totally absorbed in playing with it :o) We watched movies, slept in.... it was just wonderful. Sure hated to have it end.

New Years, I spent wrapping presents for when the older 2 return, as we do Christmas again when they get home. I had teased DH that maybe if he could sneak away at midnight he could call me :o) Yeah, it was hopeful thinking really..... and he made sure I knew that full well. His new job doesn't really allow for phone breaks like that. However,.... while I sat there wrapping, tv on watching Dick Clark do the countdown.... the phone rang right about midnight :o) This was the first New Years we were apart in the 8yrs of marriage. I was pretty sad about that,.... and when he called, it sure made me feel great :o) Just really made my whole night.

I teased him a few nights ago, as he was watching wrestling,.... he made a comment about one of the girls on the show he likes, something about her being his "diva" so I said "I thought Iwas your diva???" He had bought me my favorite coffee's early that morning,.... and reminded me that he did that special :o) Yeah, he bought my favorite morning drinks,.... but you know, that midnight phone call was more special than any coffee he could've bought.... Yup... I AM his #1 Diva :o)

Honey, if you ever find time and sit and read this,.... I love you with all my heart.

No comments: