Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Stupid Meters......

Went to class again today.... I left early as I had errands to run at the school. Turn in a form, get my student ID and get my books. So, I thought I'd drive to where the Admin building is, park there and head back to my class. My hope was that I'd be early enough to get a decent parking place near my class building.

So, I drove all over around the Admin building with no luck of finding a parking place. I drove around another area that was fairly close.... no luck.... gave up and decided it was still early enough, I could walk from where my building is,... drove around that lot and another lot a few times,... no luck,... I gave up. I parked in a metered spot. 2hr limit, 5c for 3mins. (Remember that $50.00 parking permit I paid for?????????) Sigh. I fed that darned meter enough to get me 1hr 50min. Off I went. The Admin building was a good hike from where I was. Was glad to get that done and over with though.... you should see all the places that give discounts for students!! I can't wait to abuse I mean, take advantage of all of that :o) So, I ask,... "Where is the nearest book store??" She told me the building.... I looked on my map... yeah, I'm sure I really looked like a dork today,... wandering around aimlessly with my map in hand.... and of course the building was on the OTHER side of where I was.... and even further from my class building. SIGH. Someone wants me to get some exercise huh??? I headed over there..... maybe I'll get used to all this walking :) Not like I don't need it,... so damn outta shape LOL

I wandered through the shop.... JOUR books,... sounds like what I need..... but I wasn't finding the one I thought I needed. Had to get help. Dork. The lady was very nice,.... and pointed out that it's a fairly new book, so she didn't think they had used. *groan* $40.00 for this book. Sigh. Okay..... got book in hand and got the heck outta there and headed towards my building.

Today we were to bring in our camera(s) so we could mess with them, and ask questions if we had any. The whole class period was spent going over the innards of a camera, and what each part does. Was interesting enough.... then at the last 2mins of class, he says we can pull out our cameras and take a look and what not. Uhh... yeah. Everyone got up and left LOL Oh well.

I do look forward to sitting down and going through the book and see if I can kinda learn something new before next class. One thing that he pointed out today and something I have often thought myself, is that using a camera in manual, you really have to know what you're doing.... I mean, if you're going to do pictures for someone's wedding, it needs to be like instinct to know how to set your camera up for the shot,.... you can't waste time fumbling.... I sure hope that by the time I'm done with this class that I will have that instinct. I plan to really play with the cameras this weekend and see what I can do :)

Well, kids are hungry.... just doing mac n cheese tonight. The SHELLS and cheese mind you..... for that is MUCH cheesier LOL

No comments: