Monday, January 23, 2006

Photographer I am NOT

So, Friday night, I was browsing through my books, playing with my cameras,... trying to get familiar with things. I want to really get to know my digital camera in manual mode.... however, I must be really dense. Every picture I took, the screen was just this grey.... I still haven't figured out what I was doing wrong yet. I plan to sit down later with it and figure it out :o)

Saturday, I had loaded up film in the 35mm, took me a few tries as I had totally forgotten how to load a camera manually like this. Insert film strip into guide.... etc etc,.... uhhh yeah.... didn't go so well the first few times. My biggest fear is that I'd advance the film too far and expose the film before ever getting to close the door LOL Finally I got it loaded properly!! Time to take some pictures. Sydney was kind enough to help out and blew some bubbles for the cats, which proved to be great subjects for my first "anything" assignment. It was just a roll of 12exp, as I don't know how well this camera works yet at all. We've not used it once since we got it. Finished that roll quick fast. Attempted to advance the film again to make sure though....

Sat down to rewind it,.... manually..... push this button here,... pull this lever up here... and wind away.... hmm.... didn't feel right.... kept winding.... didn't hear anything either....Hmmm...... ????..... opened it up.... in hopes of finding the film all curled up inside it's little canister, but much to my dismay, it was curled around the little guide thing,.... completely.... I think when I had advanced it again to make sure it was through, it pulled right out of the canister???? GAH!!!! So much for that roll :o( How disappointing is that??? I mean,... if I can't even load/rewind film, what kind of photographer am I going to make? LOL Ahh the age of electronics,... makes everyone stupid when you've gotta do things the "old fashioned" way!!!

I bought more film Sunday night, in hopes of trying again. I've already loaded it up, and have taken a few pictures of yes,... the cats... and even the kids let me indulge and take some of them :o) I have an attachment for the camera that rewinds for you automatically,.... I've already attached it to the camera LOL I don't want to mess up this time. My assignment is due by Thursday night for Friday morning grading!!! I can't wait to see how I do!!

No comments: