Thursday, April 28, 2005

Oh my children.....

My sweet kids,... oh how I love them so. Really, I do. But boy do they have their moments huh??? Okay,... cute short story first,... yesterday, I was gathering up laundry to take to the bedroom, when I came back for more,... my youngest was standing there with his arms nearly overflowing with laundry, he was helping. This just made me soooo happy and proud. Okay,... that was the sweets.....

We're drawing close to the end of yet another school year. This is the time when things get super busy with school activities and such. Tonight is the Spring Band Concert. I got lucky and Jessica's scout leader canceled the meeting tonight. Phew!! One less place to drive to tonight. I wanted to get a quick meal together, so we can all eat before leaving.

Brian was in the kitchen helping clean up and even helping out with dinner, when he asked what it was we were having,.... Caribbean Chicken with Rice,... he seemed alright with that,..... the girls venture out to see what's going on,.... by this time I've got it going, and am cleaning out the litter box (I seem to be doing a lot of that lately... yes,... the 3 furry babies are still with us.....) Brian tells them happily what we're having,.... I think Sydney said "Mmm!!" Hmm... she usually turns up her nose at it,... whatever,... but then I hear from Jessica "Nasty!" Ahhh yes,..... what every mother loves to hear from their so wonderful, sweet, smart children. My comment is usually "When you're older and can stand over the stove to cook meals w/o setting the house on fire, you can cook a nice meal for the family" I'm still waiting. I look forward to those days. In fact, in High School, my two good friends Shannon and Kelly had kitchen duty. This would include their preparing a meal for the family,.... I dont remember if this was all week, or once a week or what, but I thought (even then) how cool is that???? Might be something I try to do with these 4. I think right now, if I let them cook,... Brian would fix us Subway.... Jessica grilled cheese and soup (she's been asking for that lately) Sydney hotdogs,... Geoffery PB&J. MMMmmm Mmmm!!!!

So,.... I thought I would share with you fine adults tonights recipe. It's from a Pressure cooker we got awhile back. On the suggestion of my wonderful husband I might add, this is one of my favorite appliances,... (right next to the portable dishwasher that he practically had to beg me to let him get for us)

Hmm I hate that we can't do other colors,.... I liked that for recipes..... Anyhow, here you go!!

Caribbean Chicken with Rice

1 Tb Veg. Oil
1 Lb skinned/boned chicken, cut into 1/2inch cubes
1 1/4 C chicken broth
3 Tb lime juice
2 Tb soy sauce
1 small red pepper, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 small green pepper, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 C uncooked converted rice

Brown chicken and saute for 3-5mins or until meat is browned, stiring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook at High Pressure......

Please, keep in mind this is for a pressure cooker,.... I'm no chef by any means,... so you'll have to adjust for stove/oven cooking. It is really good,... and we like to add a can of drained chunk pineapple as well. Mmmm Mmm..... in fact,... it's ready now!!!

No comments: