Friday, April 01, 2005

April Fool's Day!!

First thing for the day,... I ask that you pop over to California Hammonds sometime today and give him a hand with his commentathon. This is the one year anniversary of his wife's death. She passed away after a long fight with breast cancer. Here is a quote from his site:
Our Commentathon Fundraiser begins at 12:01 a.m. PST (U.S.) and ends at midnight on April 1. For fundraising purposes, please make your comments on the post dated April 1 below (though comments are welcome everywhere). For every comment made—no more than one to a customer, please—our donors have pledged differing amounts of money; I have pledged $1000, a dollar for each of the first 1000 comments, and another $500 for comments 1001-1500. Others have pledged $500 for comments 50 through 1000. Etc. We need to get at least 1500 comments in order to achieve all pledges.
All donations will be going to the Nat'l Breast Cancer Foundation This is of course a terrific cause, and thank you for helping out!

April Fool's Day.... how many of you participate in the fun of telling someone a total lie only to laugh in their face and say APRIL FOOL'S!!! I plan a few days ahead for this event. I love to tease the kids. I'm so mean huh??? This morning's was perfect. The kids are at the point where it's getting so close to Summer they can taste it. They are tired of getting up early to do the dreaded go to school routine. This morning, I go into the girls room and say "Sydney!! Wake up!!! it SNOWED last night!!! NO SCHOOL!!" Well, I was rather surprised, as Jessica jumped up and looked out the window.... "really???" she says..... "well LOOK!!" Hoping that Sydney too would get up and look..... she looked again, turns to me with a look of 'what has mom been smoking' and I smiled and say "APRIL FOOL'S!!!" It went over really well..... she started CRYING!!! Sheesh!!!!! I didn't expect THAT!! LOL Anyhow, I lightened the mood with "what good April Fool's can you play on your friends today???" Since I didn't really get Sydney, I have to think of another,.... and Brian's a tough one too. Just glad that they enjoy playing along. Hubby and I were thinking last night that Sydney actually got me last year. She would try and try "there's a spider crawling on your head" that sort of thing,..... wonder if she'll try again this year :) I hope so, she has such a great imagination :)

Happy April Fool's Day to you!!

No comments: