Saturday, August 08, 2009

Award programs and such....

Lets see,.... not really sure where to start,... I think the Band Banquet was first,... each kid had an award program,... I was told Geoffery wouldn't receive any awards, so we missed that program. Of course he DID get awards,... Homework Club and Good Attendance.... Sydney I don't think got any awards to speak of,... she missed too much school from being sick,... Jessica got Good Attendance,... and Brian got stuff from Band and a scholarship award.

Here are those pictures...


All of the Senior band members that are graduating,... plus the teacher (in yellow)

Each graduating member received a statuette, the one the teacher is holding is Brian's,.. he played the flute. Each statue resembled the instrument the student played. Very unique idea, rather than doing a plaque or medal.

Each Senior gets a tag with their name and graduating year on it, the tag (which looks like a dog tag) is clipped onto the Lion's collar here,... forever remembered :o)



Brian with one of his favorite teachers,... mostly because he would bring in his Xbox for the kids to play LOL He did have a great time in band, and I'm happy he got the experience. He played for 6yrs!!!

Brian and Mom,... wow,... hard to believe this is the LAST banquet I'll attend...... with this kid.


Jessica with her friend at their award program,.... they were just filing inside the gym,... I snapped this before things got started

Jessica with her Attendance Award. We really think she was cheated out of Honor Roll awards. She took band for a few weeks, decided it wasn't for her,.. and dropped it. She had all A's in every other class,.... but band was considered academic, so that hurt her. She had a C in the class before dropping it. Bleh. It's okay Jess,... we know you're smarter than all those other kids ;o) We're proud of you!!!

Hmm... I thought I had a picture of Brian getting his scholarship award,... but I guess I don't. Seems I recall trying to use my cellphone to take the pic, and it didn't work so great :o( Dangit.

In any event,... he received a $12,000.00 scholarship from Nucor Yamato Steel, the company in which Chris works at. There are a couple different levels to this award. All employee kids are eligible, so long as they meet the requirements. General requirements are either writing an essay or doing some community service. Brian's grades and all I guess were good enough, that he didn't have to do either. We were so very proud for him getting this award. Very grateful that Nucor has such a program as well.

No comments: