Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Geoffery!!

It's hard to believe my baby boy is 9 now. His Birthday is July 5th. Do you know how hard it is to try and plan a REAL party right after a holiday???? I think we're going to REALLY try hard to plan his party for like the week before or maybe even for the week right after school lets out??? I have to come up with something, because it's not easy after school lets out.

Anyhow.... we strained our brains to come up with something that we knew he (and Sydney too) would enjoy doing. After all the comments from the two of them over time about hotels.

I got questions like:

"Do you LIVE there???"

"Is room service for real? like they bring you food to your room??"

"What is IN a hotel room??"

Comments like:

"I wish I could be in a hotel"

"I've never been to a hotel, I always wanted to do that"

I'm sure the list went on and on, but those were a select few that amused me.

Soo,... I mention to Chris,... "what about getting a room for a night, hotel w/ a pool so we can swim, that sort of thing??" "Do you think they'll like that???" "yeah, I think so,..." I mean,... why the heck not?? Not like we had to go FAR and not like we had to stay more than one night,... let them get the new experience of being in a hotel room,... we can do room service and the whole shebang right????

We did some looking, and we planned it out. One night in Jonesboro (biggest town near us) we'll do the swimming, we'll do the room service for dinner,... Geoffery LOVES waffles/pancakes, so we thought we'd do Waffle House or IHOP for breakfast,.... AND the awesome theater was real close by, we were going to take them to the new Ice Age 3, in 3D!!!

On the 4th we informed the kids of our fun filled day ahead. They were VERY excited, and Sydney wasted NO time at all in packing for her trip. I helped Geoffery make sure he had all his stuff. I also had a new pair of goggles for them for the pool. Yup yup, this was going to be GREAT fun!!!! I was thrilled to see them so excited about all this.

In the morning, they were ready to go, but check in was later, so we had time to do some cake and icecream and presents. Grams came over to help us celebrate as well.


Daddy with his 9yr old boy!



Happy Birthday Geoffery!!



Due to the "trickiness" of the candles, Geoffery called for reinforcements




Ahh the excitement on his face says it all,... Sonic the Black Knight for the Wii!!!

See the GameBoy Advance game??? He wanted that game for a LOONNGG time,.... since before Christmas. Sadly, it's no longer found NEW so I've been looking in Game Stop for it ever since, and amazingly, I found it!!! I had to find an empty case and printed out the cover art for it :o) Such a clever mommy if I do say so myself!! He was THRILLED over his new games though

Soon after the small party at home, we headed for the hotel,... the kids were very anxious to get there and check things out!

Of course, when we got there,... our room wasn't yet ready, and we got to wait just outside of it for a good 15mins or so. Rather irritating,... but the kids enjoyed watching as she worked, and tried to see inside the room like a sneak peek or something LOL


Little do they know, they're sitting upon their bed for the evening!!

Once they finished inspecting the bathroom, the drawers, the "awesome" flat screen tv,... our room upstairs (this room had a real 70's feel, I got the impression of a swingers type party probably went on here,... the adjoining door, the decor was very *cough* tasteful..) well, by now the kids were all set to go SWIMMING!!!!!



Fun in the pool!!


The kids had a great time in the pool, it was indoors... they made friends with some older kids and had fun playing a game of keep away w/ a beach ball they had. We spent a good hour or so there, then headed back to the room to order us some "room service" dinner!!!


Dinner consisted of burgers and fries, it was brought to us on a large tray with cloth napkins. The kids thought this was just the greatest thing. It was fun to see them so excited about such trivial things,.... but I will say, this is the first and last time we order room service like this,... holy cow, burgers and fries cost a LOT like this. BUT they really enjoyed it, so it was worth the expense. Don't you agree???

After this, our next surprise was to go over to the nice theater,... they have theater seating, and HUGE screens, not to mention the new 3D screens!!! We were off to go see Ice Age 3 in 3D!!

I couldn't resist snapping a picture of him in these glasses, so cute!!!

The movie was cute, but lacking in the 3D effects I thought. I still hope to maybe take them to see GForce in 3D as the previews sure made it look awesome!!! The kids really loved Ice Age though, so that was the important thing :o)

Now back to the room,... they didn't know that their bed was the pull out sofa they'd been sitting on. I kinda left that for the evenings "surprise" LOL Ahhh to be a kid again, when everything is so new and exciting huh???

Walking towards the room, they were both saying something like "I wonder what our bed is gonna look like???" Well, I was very happy to show them!!

And with that, we left them to their room, with their tv.... they didn't stay up too long. We were curled up in our bed over them,... and listened to the jabber,... and the tv until the wee hours LOL Finally I snuck down and turned the tv off.

Chris and I enjoyed talking about how well it went, and vowed that we needed to try and make more of an effort to do more things like this with them, even at the cost of it all. To see them so excited over little things, well, to me, that's always the best. I love to look through life through a childs eyes. This I guess is just a great age to view life through too.

In the morning, we did the hotel's free breakfast, and they had quite the spread. Geoffery got his waffles too!!! They were sorry to leave, but even a night away, I was happy to be home and back in our bed that night.

Happy 9th Birthday Geoffery.... glad it was the "most awesome Birthday ever" I hope we can top that next year!!!

No comments: