Sunday, August 30, 2009

The rest of summer...

Was pretty uneventful. I had picked up a few craft things for the kids to do,.. Geoffery was way more interested in playing on his computer,... Sydney would start a project, and never finish. Her "pompom" kitty keychains are still sitting on the bar unfinished.

The weather was fairly mild,.... we got a LOT of rain this year. My roses grew and bloomed a few times :o) I was VERY happy about this. I bought like 3 or 4 from WalMart,... they never did anything, in fact,... sadly we mowed like 3 of them down already. We also bought 4 from Sams Club, and they were MUCH hardier and only one didn't make it. I look forward to putting some more in the ground to replace the ones that didn't survive.

I think the best part of summer was that I read a lot of books, slept in a LOT,.... I let the kids do whatever they wanted. I mean, they stayed up till 3am and slept till noon or later!!! Usually I like to keep some sort of a routine, but eh,... it's summer. We didn't have any BIG summer plans,... we were doing baseball up until the end of June,... so this worked.

We DID however go to a local water park. It was the baseball "get together" and of course after all the HOT weather we'd had, they picked a day where it wasn't so hot. The water was FREEZING!!!! But the kids had a WONDERFUL time!!!!! As you can see from these pics!!!!


Don't they look COOOLLLDDD??? lol




It took a LOT of convincing that once they tried the water slides that they'd have a GREAT time,... and what do you know,... mom was RIGHT!!!!! They only had two slides,.... the other was red and covered,.... like sliding through a straw or something. They decided to give that one a shot after having done the blue a couple of times.

I missed this attempt,... and only heard the horror story of how Geoffery nearly drowned. It's not as bad as it sounds,... it actually cracked me up. You can see from the picture of Sydney sliding down, there's a guard right there,... if not ON the slide, standing in the water or very close by. Geoffery came out of the red one like a rocket,.... the red slide I learned later was MUCH faster,.... and he plunged into the water, and jumped up saying "help! help!" All he had to do was stand up LOL Anyhow.... he said he'd NOT ride that one again, but they had a great time going down the blue one again and again and again........

The waterpark is about an hour away from us, and is VERY cheap,.... I look forward to going back next summer as often as we can :o)

No comments: