Saturday, August 08, 2009

I am.... photographer.... or I try to be anyhow

Mom's friend Gene, got her an awesome SLR camera for her Birthday/Christmas. He gave it to her early so she could learn how to use it, etc, and have it for her trip to see us.

We took some time out and ran around the area to take some pictures.... I had a great time doing this with her. I think we both enjoyed it a lot. Here are some of the pictures I took.

Down the road from us, there's this old stone looking house. I have no idea on it's age, but all these weird boxes are piled ceiling high inside the porch area. Upon further inspection, we find that they're "bee boxes"

Closer view of all the boxes....

I love this picture,... I've done it in black and white and the detail is amazing,... I'll post that one later on if I remember.

Found it!!

This is at the back of the stone bee house

Inside the back porch

Some sort of tractor used in cotton farming,... poor thing has seen better days I think

Mom in the cotton field

The artist at work.....

Mom likes to take pics of weird stuff,... this is a cow pie... yeah... weirdo. As a kid, I remember her taking pictures of a couple of ducks in the lake,.... they were mating. I was sooooo embarrassed.


Here we're at another location,... mom loves old barns,... and I thought of this one. It's like right out of Little House on the Prairie or something :o) Wonder if Pa is inside muckin out the stalls???

another view of the barn


Mom taking her pictures


Hmm... doesn't look like Pa's inside,.... but look at the neat view outside,... all the rows from the last cotton season.

The tree up closer,... I like old trees.

Out in the backyard,... pretty rainbow for Dec weather huh??

Wonder if someone found the pot of gold??



Was fun scouting around for areas to photograph,... I hope that we're able to do it again, and in better weather. It was pretty cold and windy this day. At least it wasn't raining or snowing though LOL

After our fun time out and about,... we came home and dug into LOTS of BBQ ribs from Couch's BBQ in Jonesboro
Yup yup, I meant it when I said DUG IN. Mmmmm so good!!!!

No comments: