Thursday, February 24, 2005

Feb. 24th A Nice Day....

Was a really good day today. DH was going to stay home from work, take some time to unwind, relax and get a few things done. I told oldest Brian to set his alarm clock for 6:30, he could get up and get the girls up and get cereal. I would get up at 7 and get the youngest up and ready to go. Well, our alarm ended up going off at 6:30, I laid there feeling sleepy.... didn't hear pitter patter of big kid feets, so I got up.... sure enough, he was crashed out. "BRIAN!" I love scaring them awake like that LOL I'm so mean. He sits up. "You were supposed to be up and getting breakfast for you guys, what happened???" "I set the alarm" sigh. Yeah, but he didn't put it in the "auto" setting. Oh well, I was up now. So was the youngest! Figures. I got him all ready to go,.... we got out of the house on time, all was well. What was really nice is that Geoffery ended up being fine when we got to school for him as well. I thought it was going to be a bad morning with him crying and hanging on me. Phew!! I got back home,... figured I'd get ready for our fun filled day of getting groceries. Not sure yet if DH was really gonna join me, either way, I'd be set to go, as he can usually be ready in a matter of minutes.

We left the house around 10, took his car for some repairs, found a nice new hair salon. We really liked the people in there, the one hairdresser was really sweet. She took a straightening iron to my hair for free,.... she just wanted me to see. I've recently had my hair chemically straightened as it's sooooo thick and coarse. I just love it!! But when she took the iron to it, it really did make a big difference. I think I need to invest in a good iron. I have a Vidal Sasoon, but eh,... doesn't do the job like the ever so famous "Chi" does. We left there with full intentions on returning from now on.

Then to the jewelry store. My new Valentine's Day ring should be in from being sized. I sure have missed it. It wasn't in :o( We wandered through the store some. Showed DH the ring I wanted to get him as he'd lost his wedding band sometime ago, we've just not replaced it. He liked it well enough.... 7 purty diamonds in it, I had wanted to get it for him on our 7th Anniversary, just couldn't make it happen right then. Anyhow,.... we hemmed and hawed a bit, and went ahead and put it on credit :o) It's silly probably, but I had SOOO wanted to get him this ring, that I was just as thrilled to do this as I was to get the wonderful presents he'd gotten me here in the last year. He works harder than I do, puts in some long hours,... he deserves sparkly things too!! :o) Of course it has to be resized!! So, gotta wait on it for a couple weeks. Sigh.

We got in and out of WalMart as by this time we were running behind.... was nearly time to get the kids from school!! Got him the new Tori Amos CD, picked up the movie Seven,... we've both seen it, but it's been so long. Look forward to watching that. Then got Bridget Jones Diary or whatever it's called for myself for this evening. Tonight is the DH's outing with the guys to the "tittybar"... he's already gone. I miss him. I hope that he has a lot of fun though :o) We figured it up the other night, it's been well over 6yrs since he's been last.

Kids are eating dinner right now,.... I'll fix something for myself in awhile. I did a more or less "fend for yourself" night. 2 wanted soup, one wanted a hotdog, and the other his usual PB&J or Honey sandwich.... easy enough. I might just have popcorn and a movie for dinner :o)

DH will be home tomorrow, we're hoping we can pick his car up and my ring dangit!! :o) Other than that, just enjoy the day together, and looking forward to the weekend coming up as well.

My plan for next week, is to get into the kids rooms and get them all cleaned up, and the oldest's room, needs a major paint job,.... so that's the plan. I might not be on here much because of that. I just feel like I'm letting things go, been too lazy for too long. Time to get on it ya know??? So, on that note,.... gonna go throw some laundry in and do a few other things.

Night!

4 comments:

Frances said...

I feel incredibly exhausted just from reading this post!

My day: Sat on bum all day.

See the difference?


Yay for getting your ring back soon!

Frally said...

I'm with Cesca. I feel useless after reading that.

Andrea Knapp said...

I need to go back to bed now!

Shannah said...

LOL You guys are funny :) This was a GOOD day!!!