Thursday, February 03, 2005

Need anything from the store?

Ahhh grocery day..... I'm sitting here while the kids are getting ready for school, trying to complete my grocery list. I'm lacking a few things for meals this week, but I'll figure it out when I get there I'm sure.

I've been going to these same stores for gosh,... over 7yrs now. One store I use is called Save A Lot, and one of the ladies there knows the kids so well. She watched as I came in there pregnant with my 3rd and holding the hand of my 2nd. 2nd started school, and I was carrying the 3rd. Eventually she would be walking and I would be pregnant with my 4th (and last!) She has literally watched these kids grow up.

That alone says something about a small town. Not that where I shop is that small. The town we live in is just barely population 3000 I think. Maybe it's just the south, that everyone treats you like they have known you for years. I dont know, but I learned to really appreciate it over the years.

Granted the town in which we live, I do keep to myself, and if you look out the window sometimes, on a clear day, you can watch as the gossip flies around town. LOL No, not really, but I've caught wind on how bad it can be sometimes. I think more than anything, it just amuses me. I had a mom who is friends with my mother in law who knows a girl that my mother in law has known since she was a young girl, and she was also my bridesmaid. Gossip was flying around her at the time, and I knew very little about it all. She proceeded to fill me in on it all while we sat there watching our girls cheer for the basketball game.

What was funny about all of that was that she was totally surprised that I didn't know anything. How could anyone living in this town not know??? Just lucky I suppose :o)

1 comment:

Andrea Knapp said...

I've always lived in big cities so when I moved to this small town I was shocked at how much strangers knew about me through gossip! None of it bad so far! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the songs. I have to say that out of all 11 comments, your songs were the ones I most identify with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Seduces me (where she quavers with her voice at the end?) and 1985, well, what isn't to love!

I am going to link you!