Saturday, February 19, 2005

Sleepy Saturday

I really love when we can have a weekend that is quiet. The phone hasn't even rang this morning and it's after 10! That's amazing for this house. It's usually family calling, and they usually call well before now. Maybe they went out of town without telling us?? Maybe they're enjoying a nice lazy Saturday too.

It's pretty chili outside, and we're to get some rain this evening. It's just the kind of day that you want to stay inside and veg out with the tv. Sadly, there isn't much on, so I've resorted to CNN. Maybe I've missed something this week that I really should know about??

Yesterday, I tried to alter my blog. I thought something more "beachlike" would be nice. I found a pretty nifty background and attempted to make it fit. With my knowledge on using/making templates, it was really much like a 3yr old trying to put a puzzle together and shoving the piece to make it fit. Needless to say I failed. I do really strive to know how to do things myself, and I was very determined.

Somehow, I really messed the blog up. I had only previewed my changes, never saved anything! But my posts poofed from the main body of the blog. You could click a link for a post, and it wouldn't appear. What did I DO??? Such a mess. I sent a plea for help to Andrea asking if she had any knowledge. Through her laughter at my demise she confessed that she did not have this capabilty.... she said she would fwd the message onto ms.mac. Well, when DH got home and we had finished dinner, he pulled out the laptop and took a look,.... so to my wonderful husband, thank you so much for your help yet again!! Just wanted you to know that I do appreciate it, even if it was something totally silly and simple. All he did was change the template and then change it back. Of course I lost my links and things, but I hardly cared, so long as I hadn't really lost the posts!!

So, the DH is snoozing away here on the couch beside me, the kids are down the hall playing quietly.... and the cats are lounging about, one looking out the window at all the birds he wishes he could chase. God knows he'd not catch one,... he's too fat and lazy to move that fast LOL

I'm considering attempting again at the nail thing,.... but for the most part, I'm going to stay under the warm blanket, watching "nothing" on tv, blog and enjoy a quiet grey Saturday.

5 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

All the kids have been out all day, George and I have just chilled all day, we had lunch, shopped, and came home and watched a bunch of CSI's we had taped and it has been lovely. I LOVE days like this!

I'm sorry I wasn't much help beyond laughing....

Shannah said...

Ahh see, what a great Saturday huh?? We love CSI too, wish they'd do another marathon!!

As for the laughing,... well, I'm glad I was able to make you smile :o) LOL

Frances said...

I have not ever considered changing my template for fear of mucking it all up!! Like you, I have no idea of how all this really works... sigh..

Frally said...

Don't worry too much about the look of your blog, it's the content that keeps us coming back :)

And lucky you having a quiet day. You mean you didn't even drug the kids and they left you alone? What am I doing wrong?

Shannah said...

LOL I just wanted to change the background from spots to shells... sigh... I've got some reading to do :o)

Yup, NO drugs!! I really think the weather is what kept them quietly happily playing :o) Or something??? I dont know,... not gonna question and not gonna complain :o)