Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

@}-------`----------`----------
I would like to take this time to wish all my new friends here in the "blogging" world a very Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope that whoever you share this day with is a special one. That you take the time to remember and remind each other just how much you mean to one another.
A special Happy Valentine's Day to my handsome hubby!! In the 8 years that we have known each other he has shown me more love and respect than I could have ever imagined from a marriage. I never realized that being married could be so wonderful, and so special.
We met online, in a chat room. I'm sure he remembers the name of the chat room, but I couldn't tell you. Something that has seemed to have decreased with the birth of 4 kids are my "memory cells" LOL We were in a chat program called Mirc. His nickname was Doc, mine was DoeEyes. We seemed to hit it off perfectly. I looked forward to getting up on the weekend mornings waiting for him to sign in so we could have our long chats. People are usually amazed that we met online. I always explain that meeting online has it's pro's. You meet someone, you go out for a movie and dinner.... you're not going to talk a whole lot, so you're not going to learn much about that perons. Online, all you have is chat. You talk and learn so much. That's what we had from the very start. I knew this man. I loved this man.
When we finally met in person, it was great. It was like picking up where we'd left off, only this
time, I could feel him, smell him... and boy did he smell terrific!! It is a night I won't ever forget. I will always remember him standing at the door, the first feel of wrapping my arms around him, and kissing him for the first time.
Since that first day, our friendship and our love has grown even stronger. When I moved here to be with him, we had our times of wonder. Will this relationship last?? Can we make it work?? I was ever so determined, more determined than I had ever been about anything in my life. I loved him heart and soul, and that has never changed.
I could go on and on, about how terrific our lives are. But I just wanted to share with everyone how this man that I married, is my best friend, he is a great father and a wonderful husband. We enjoy each others company, we enjoy a lot of the same things together. To the point that when we're apart, I feel lost without him.
Sweetheart, if you're reading this today, I just want to say thank you for all that you do for me, I want to thank you for hanging in there when things were looking rough, I want to thank you for being the father to our beautiful children, I thank you for being my best friend first and foremost, I want to thank you for always making me feel special, that I am number one in your life. All of these things, and many more I could list, I need to thank you for.
Honey, I love you, with all my heart and soul. I always have, and I always will.
XOXOXOXOX TO THE STARS AND BACK!!!

6 comments:

Doc/Broken said...

You're right, I do remember the name of the chatroom. I remember the first night we "spoke" online. Not very much of that I have ever forgotten, that's a story for the grandkids, gotta keep up with that.
I could repeat the things you said up there, but there's no need. You know I loathe doing anything without you, going anyplace, or even sitting at home. I still think you should join my on my birthday night >:o).
I love you honey, and all the rings, or roses, or anything else I could buy you would never show you how much.

yvette said...

that's a long sweet post you got there~ happy V day <3

Paula said...

What a great story! Nice pics, too.

Ms Mac said...

Happy Valentine's Day. That's a lovely story!

Cattiva said...

Happy VD to you, too!

Frally said...

Oh, that was so sweet. You made me go all mushy. Happy Valentines Day to you both.