Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Spelling Bee

Spelling Bee this afternoon wasn't as painful as I had thought. I was more awake so that helped too. There were 24 kids,... 7th and 8th grade only. My son's in 8th. They do a warm up round, his first word was "sky"... he had 2 more words after that and then another word. I was quite sure she said "leashes" ??? but maybe it was "leeches" ??? Either way, he spelled it wrong,.... "leeshes" is what he said. DOH!! Ahh well. I think this was the last year for him to participate in the spelling bee. This was his 3rd year. I'm still very VERY proud of him. He really excells in all the things that he does, when he tries hard enough at it.

Now, what I thought was really sweet,... was when he returned to the seats off stage, he asked the teacher that gave him candy/pencil and award for participating, "can I go over and sit with my mom?" Awww..... sigh... such a mommy's boy huh?? :o) But still made me proud. The fact that my 13yr old son isn't embarrassed to be seen with his mom. That really makes me happy.... I hope that is something that never changes.

I picked up my youngest from Headstart this afternoon, and found that tomorrow is kindergarten registration. They will send all his paperwork over to the school, so I really shouldn't have to do anything at all. But boy this sure pains me. Our baby is going to start REAL school this Fall. Sigh. I asked the hubby if we could have another. I'm very much fixed, so this isn't possible,.... at least from MY body. He was more than happy to accomodate though LOL Said "I can always make one with someone else" Uh huh.. well, I'm sure I would have to twist his arm to do something like that huh?? :o) I do miss babies..... but I guess I will just have to wait MANY MANY years before I'm a Grandma. My goal is to go to school, take a photography class and I dont know, maybe actually do something in that field. For now, I'm just grateful that I can be home with my kids. I dont even want to think about a full time job until they're all full into school. Like when the baby is in 2nd grade maybe LOL Who knows what the future holds.......

8 comments:

Frally said...

It's a pain that they seem to grow up so fast, isn't it? I can't believe my baby girl is turning 3 this year. Holy Crap!
You sound like you're a great mum who's doing a bang-up job. :)

Shannah said...

Aww thanks Frally,.... lol but while I do try my best, I will admit that I am a bit of a lazy mom LOL But they still love me :o)

Andrea Knapp said...

Well ladies, mine are 16, 14 and 13 (tomorrow) and I can't wait till they are all out! SOrry! I know this makes me look like a bad mom but sometimes they just try me too much ya know:)

I'm sure I'll miss them though......

Shannah said...

Oh trust me,.. I adore my kids,.. I dont like that they're growing up on me,... but oh yes, I do look forward to when we can have the house to ourselves,.. run around naked that sort of thing ;o) Just need to make sure we give them the wrong house key, because they always come back home dont they??

Andrea Knapp said...

Sis you are too funny! My husband and I said that same thing. That as soon as they are gone, we'll be doing everything naked (well, maybe not frying eggs or anything to do with sellotape but you catch my drift!)

Shannah said...

LOL We dream of the days we can run around the house naked LOL Selotape?? is that like celophane?? Plastic wrap??? I have a girl friend that used that for.... umm... things.... LOL

Andrea Knapp said...

I always forget to call it by the US name... No, sellotape is sticky tape. (and PLEASE tell me what your friend does with celophane........ - may be interesting....)

Shannah said...

ohhh yeah, sticky tape could hurt on cetain parts.... and as for the plastic wrap.... it was blue in color.. and well, they were out of condoms LOL She said that it made his dick purple and they had a good laugh about it. She was the weird one in the group..... but always good for a laugh :o)