Thursday, February 17, 2005

Just another morning

Today is grocery day. Trust me, it's on my list of "most NOT favorite things to do".... While I don't totally HATE it, I hate the routine of trying to figure out what we're going to eat all week,... I get bored with food easy. I shop at one store which is strictly food,... most of it at a cheaper price.... Save A Lot is the name of the store if anyone's interested. Then I move onto Super WalMart. I'd prefer a Target, but we don't have one. Anyhow, at WalMart I get the name brand things that Save A Lot doesn't have. You know,... Miracle Whip, Code Red soda, Starbucks cold coffee's... stuff like that. Bad thing is,... the store seems to suck me in..... I can spend HOURS just wandering around that store. I can stand in the light bulb area for a good 20mins just looking at the fixtures and night lights and all that crap.

So, this morning, what with this stupid cold of mine, my goal is, lets get these kids moving and maybe I can get in and out of the bathroom before taking them to school and be all set to go when I get back home and I can leave for grocery shopping. It was a good plan.

Our youngest,... Geoffery.... the light of our lives.... the baby.... the last baby..... (I'm totally fixed). He is the most trying of the four. The first two were such good babies,... mellow kids.... lovey little things... smart... polite... all that stuff... the 3rd more reserved, quiet, total mommy's girl.. hated to be left somewhere if I had to go do something w/o her, very smart, was telling us the letters on her blocks by the time she was like 15mos old!! She could sing nursery songs at that age too, used to love taking her through WalMart with her singing, people would Ooo and Awww at her.... she was something else. Then we had Geoffery. While I was pregnant, I said to my DH (thanks Frally!) "I hope we have a REAL boy" (we had found out the sex while I was preggo) That's not to imply that the oldest is like a fake boy or something,.... he's a great kid. He always has been.... extremely smart too... but he's never been "rough and tumble". He's an emotional kid... like his mom..... poor kids... out of 4 of them, 3 of them have my temperment. Brian was so bad as a kid, he could make himself so upset that he would throw up. He's finally outgrown this,.... I think??

Anyhow.... that is just who he is. He would rather be inside playing video games or watching tv rather than outside throwing a football or playing basketball like most the boys in town. That's alright. When he was old enough to take up an instrument in school, he picked the flute! Ack!!! I worried that he'd be teased for this. He's the only boy that plays a flute in all 3 band groups. He's sitting first chair for the flutes now. This is a test taken by each instrument group... there are 3 or 4 flutist in his group. He really plays very well, and I know he can only get better. So, that's our oldest "unreal" boy LOL

Geoffery.... he's more active than all 3 put together, he can be stubborn, bossy, loud, demanding and well, just a real pain in the neck at times. But even when he's like any of that, he still can make you laugh and smile. When he orders his sisters to "Clean that mess up!!! NOW!!! Do you understand???" You can't help but giggle. Or when he isn't getting his way, he will come and tell us that Sydney or Jess or Brian "jabber jabber jabber" we say "umm... okay..." He marches back down the hall and tells whoever "Daddy wants you" Thinking that we will then tell this child, "let Geoffery do/play/have whatever he wants please" LOL He is smart. Not that it usually works, but the fact that he tries. He's in Headstart program here in town and as much as he likes it, he hates me to drop him off in the mornings. This morning he got up and had his "Dr. Seuss" DVD in his little hand.

He had wanted to watch it last night, but I didn't feel like fighting with the DVD player at that time. So, this morning I suggested he take it to school. He really liked this idea, made plans to ask his teacher if he could watch it. We hurried through getting ready to go.... and as we got close to having to leave, he was wandering around very upset. He lost the DVD. GAH!!!! I had all the kids looking, and he was getting more and more upset.... I went through every room in the house thinking he just set it somewhere and it would jump out at me.... no such luck. It was the missing kleenex box all over again!

Finally as I was about to say forget it, we gotta go or you'll be late.... Sydney found it under the kitchen table on his chair from breakfast. PHEW!! So, back to be excited he was. Ran out of the house and got into the truck to leave. My hope was that this would keep him happy even when I dropped him off. I really really hate the crying and clinging he does in the mornings. Makes me feel like a horrible mom. I was greatly pleased when he ran out of the truck up the walk to his school, screaming "OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!!!" he couldn't wait to get inside and show his teacher his DVD. It did the trick :o) He was more than happy to be there this morning.

So, I get home, chat with the hubby awhile,... told him this sweet story.... we have many of them with Geoffery. He just really amuses us. I really think that he will be the next Robin Williams.... wouldn't that be great??? Anyhow... now it's after 9am and I still don't have my hair and make up done to go get groceries. So, I'm off to get ready!!

No comments: