Monday, February 28, 2005

Is it just getting older? or lazier???

Once upon a time, there was this girl that could get housework done first thing in the morning. Yup, that used to be me. What happened??? Is it that I have more kids??? More clutter?? More years added to my body??? More distractions?? I just don't know. I do know that I miss that person. I was even trying to remember in the 8yrs I've been here,.... did I ever get in and clean house like that?? Hmm...... DH would be able to answer that LOL How sad. I've really been far too something for far too long......

So, today's goal is to get in and get the oldests room painted. When DH and I painted the room just after we moved here, we did a fast job of it, and well, I wasn't paying attention to the important things. Like using the correct paint for a childs room. We were using flat paint. BAD idea,..... we missed a few areas too,... the spaces between the built in bookcases.... small areas that you just dont "SEE" LOL Kinda like the dust and fingerprints throughout the house I suppose. Ceiling fans,.... I love them,..... but don't ever turn them off, or you'll really gross yourself out. That's the only time I think "Wow, I need to clean that thing..." LOL I really used to think that I was a good house keeper..... my views on that have changed over the years. I do what I HAVE to do,.... and I try and do more when I can. Some days I just feel like I can't keep up with it all. It used to be so bad that I would find myself feeling so frustrated, that I would end up in tears and be angry with myself. I've let that go. Why fight with myself??

Sigh. So, I guess I should get off my rear, and get into that bedroom and see what I can get done. I look forward to a freshly painted room, something that even he can be proud to keep clean and make it look nice. We've got a desk to put up for him as well. Trying to rearrange things to make it more of a "big boys" room, since he is 13 after all. Time to make it as such.

Maybe it is just old age, but I think I'm leaning more towards being lazy.

No comments: