Monday, February 21, 2005

I figured it out

The reason for having 4 kids,.... child labor!! While they can't keep their rooms very clean,.... and when I send them down to clean them, they end up playing... but at least they're fairly quiet and out of my hair right??? But I can make them pick up the toys and junk left in the livingroom, the oldest takes care of dishes and trash... doesn't get any better than that. Just wait till they're ALL old enough to rotate chores. We'll have one doing the yard, one doing the kitchen, one in the bathroom.... one dusting and vacuuming. Wow!! I can't wait!!!

I'm closly watching the time right now. Anytime after 5pm I can call and find out about jury duty. This will be my last week of it, but I am REALLY hoping I dont have to go tomorrow (or the rest of the week for that matter!) Weds Geoffery's Headstart class is to attend a small play in a nearby town. I bought a ticket to attend as well. I'm not going to hold my breath on the judge saying "oh sure honey, take tomorrow off to spend with your son, we'll have someone else fill your spot while you're gone...." Yeah right. So, I have 5pm on the nose..... lets see what I get.... bleh.... supposed to report tomorrow. I'll call again in the morning and maybe I'll get lucky and it will change??? sigh. Glad that this is the last week of this mess. Really makes me sorry I registered to vote let me tell ya.

Oh well,.... gonna see about whipping up some lasagna,.... first try at makin this, so hope it turns out good!!!

4 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

I love getting the kids to do stuff! I don't think I've taken the trash out since I moved here 6 years ago!

Andrea Knapp said...

I must have been thinking of your post when I went shopping at lunchtime, coz we are having lasagna tonight for tea! woo hoo...

angela marie said...

When you figure out how to get all 4 kids moving and working, you let me know!

I am interested in that!

Shannah said...

Well, I've been told I know how to crack a mean whip LOL I had 3 of the kids out cleaning trash around our yard. We live on a corner lot, and we have a ditch around the house that seems to collect cans/bottles, papers, bags... you name it..... when I was hounding the kids, my husband said something along the lines of "crack that whip!" LOL I think there was a sound effect involved as well :) Yeah, I'm a hard ass.