Monday, February 07, 2005

Rip! Rip! Rip!

Just amusing myself tonight,.... I am easily amused btw. For Christmas I really wanted to get the hubby a XM radio set up. Of course, I'm not nearly qualified to pick something out like this,.... there are so many things to look at/for etc,.... when I want something electronic, I just have to ask the hubby "which one do you think is best??" or really, without asking, he just says "get this one".... So, sadly, I didn't get him the XM radio set up like I had wanted, instead, we got our tax return money and I told him what I had wanted to do, and lets do this okay?? While at WalMart, I was on the phone with him, telling him what was available, he would surf the web and check on the product,... nothing seemed suitable there. Plus, the qualifications of the sales people there,... are um.... lacking.... So, we veto'd the whole deal there.

That weekend, he and his cousin took off to a stereo shop in our nearby larger city. He had called them and they had just what he wanted. Just like a man,.... forget that wandering around the store for an hour or more,.... get in and get out ya know?? LOL Well, on his way home, he called to tell me how much he spent,.... after choking, I asked "what?? did you buy speakers too???" "no, I bought you one too" LOL Sheesh.

You see, at WalMart, they had the nice car stereo that was XM ready.... played cd's, cdrw's, and mp3's too. He said that is what he wanted,... I was all set to buy it,.... and had referred to him as being a "butt head" LOL We love our music,.... and I've got mp3's galore on my machine,.... would be pretty cool to have them in the truck. Now, in all seriousness, I was just teasing him. I really wanted him to have what he wanted exactly. He LOVES his music. But he's just that way,... when we bought our new improved computer systems, we bought them together. We're very techie,..... I might not know how to use half the stuff we have, but I enjoy learning and playing with it all LOL Who am I kidding,.... he just loves to spoil me :o)

Anyhow, he told me if I didn't want it, he'd be more than happy to return it. Ha! no no, that's alright honey :o) LOL I'm very excited about having this new system. I look forward to when we get it put in,.... so I'm preparing. I'm ripping my cd's and putting them into mp3 format :o) Then I can have like 100 regular cd's put into what??? 5 discs for mp3's???? Well, anyhow, just wanted to share :o)

2 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

XM radio is AWESOME! I was so sick of the crappy commercials on the normal radio, and once you get this, you NEVER want to listen to your 'local radio stations'again....

I think it was the best thing I ever bought......

Cattiva said...

Hmmm....I hadn't thought about a system like this. My crappy 10 year old cd player in the car is on it's last legs - some of the buttons stick to t he point that they are not usable (don't ask - I have kids, remember?). I'm going to check this out. Thanks!