Friday, February 11, 2005

TGIF!

Friday always makes me happy. Back when the hubby and I were dating, we lived for Friday's. He lived here in the Ohio valley area, and I was in Texas at the time. He would take those red eye flights to come see me and we'd spend a glorious weekend together. The best part was always waking up to the neighbors upstairs from where I was. They were Mexican and they loved their music LOL It would come blaring down on us..... but you know, we still think and talk about those days. I had fixed us a nice dinner once, had a good bottle of wine... I think that was his first introduction to White zinfandel wine. I love that stuff,... in moderation of course. Actually, I don't drink hardly at all anymore. Mostly because I'm such a light weight that one glass makes me sleepy LOL I need to work on that.

Today has been a pretty mellow day over all. I had planned to get a ton of housework done, and have the kids all help since they were home. Some sort of teacher workshop day. I'm sure they're REALLY working LOL Brian, the oldest he really pitched in and got a lot done, mostly because he wanted to play on his computer. Whatever works huh?? The girls did their Valentine cards while the monster boy took his "nap". He never did sleep.

We've got a wedding to attend tomorrow, so threw the girls into the tub to play and bathe,.... got the monster boy up and threw him in as well for a quick soak. Mostly just a putter day. I like days like that. But it sure has been a long day. It's always long when the kids are all here and the hubby isn't. Geoffery ("monster boy") said first thing this morning "where's daddy??" Guess he felt like it was Saturday and that he should be home with us too. I couldn't agree more.

In any event,... we're all getting ready as we've gotta be at the rehearsal tonight, Sydney (youngest daughter) is their flower girl tomorrow.

I am working on a "100 things about me" list,.... had hoped to post it today,... but maybe sometime this weekend I'll get it finished.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: