Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sorta quiet Sunday

Sunday is usually quiet day for the hubby and I as the kids join their grandparents and go to church and then do lunch after at their house. They weren't going to church today, so last night I thought, "hey, if anything I get to sleep in!" I usually crawl out of bed and rush around to get them all cleaned up and ready to go by 9:15am. So, we stayed up late, watching Tru Callings, we bought the first season on DVD last weekend while we were out for my birthday.

Well, at 6:30 I hear our youngest,.... he's up and playing and having a great time squealing or something. God only knows what he was doing, but he was in the livingroom, the cartoons are already on, and I kinda thought maybe the youngest daughter was up as well. Who knows. From then on, I just dozed off and on. I couldn't get comfortable, neighbors dogs would start barking off and on as well. Finally I gave into my bladder and just got up. Again, I say I am NOT a morning person. Especially when I get up and I have 3 mouths.... I mean kids that want to eat. I swear, did I give birth to baby birds?????? The 10yr old is quite capable of getting their cereal, and sometimes she does, but this morning I guess we were all feeling lazy. I sat down and thumbed through some blogs, and finally got them some food. I need that little bit of wake up time, even if the kids are being rowdy and cartoons are blaring in the background.

Our plans for this morning were really to shove the kids out the door for church, you see, we really REALLY enjoy Sundays.... I've even told my MIL how much we appreciate this quiet time. With 4 kids we don't get much in the way of quiet time! We always make sure to try and enjoy our Sundays. Whether its watching tv/movies, playing online (we enjoy Everquest, etc) or just enjoying each other ;o) We just enjoy the time without the kids.

This morning however, we made REAL plans, we were going to make the drive to our favorite coffee shop, Joe Mugs which resides inside a Books A Million..... ahh the smell of coffee AND books!! Does it get any better??? Grab a mocha latte and then drive into the hills where hubby's friend lives. I wanted to take the camera. Supposed to be really pretty in there, and deer running around, that sort of thing. I have a new camera I'm dying to get out and get some cool pics of STUFF. I think I've worn the kids/cats out already LOL

So, here I am..... enjoying a cold coffee,... Starbucks Frappuccino coffee flavored.... already ate what my youngest wouldn't eat in a cherry filled danish.... enjoying blogging and thinking I should really work on some laundry and cleaning up the kitchen. I'm home tomorrow, so I can always put that off and just blog the day away LOL Okay, yes, I probably will throw in at least a load of wash LOL

1 comment:

Andrea Knapp said...

Yeah, household stuff that involves just putting something in and leaving it for you to go blog is great! I need to polish stuff and hoover but I'll do it later....