Saturday, February 12, 2005

Stupid toothfairy!

Jessica the eldest daughter (10yrs) lost a tooth last night. We have a special little tooth box to put the tooth into,.... she put it under her pillow before bed. While watching some tv last night, asked the hubby "do you have a dollar??" "yup" and that's as far as it went.

Stupid toothfairy forgot to come last night. I really hate when that happens..... and I wasn't quick enough to correct the situation. I have in the past grabbed some cash and would pretend to fumble around in the bedding and go "ohhh here it is!!" I just stood there dumbly looking at her for a second, then said "awww honey, maybe she was really busy last night and forgot??" reassured her that we would try again this evening, not to worry! I just hate nothing more than disappointing a kid. Sigh. Do I suck or what?????

Shortly, I will be preparing to attend a wedding. It's my husband's younger cousin,... I guess 2nd cousin??? Our youngest daughter is a flower girl for the event. I can already see myself getting sappy and teary eyed. I don't know what it is anymore, but I can cry at the drop of a hat. I used to be really bad while pregnant, or just after the baby was born,.... now it just doesn't matter LOL Ahh well.... I'll have kleenex on hand :o) Will take some pics to share later too.

Hope your Saturday is a good one!!

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

surfed in thru BE.
We have the worst tooth fairy in the world, sometimes she doesn't come for 3 days. The last time she left an IOU which she still has come good on!
My poor children, they got ripped off when it came to assigning them a tooth fairy!

Frally said...

You sappy thing, crying at weddings! I don't cry at things like that, I'm a bit of a hard-arse sometimes. However, I'll cry at stupid, stupid things - like when Oprah gave away all those cars!!! I don't think my heart's in the right place.

Shannah said...

LOL well, I managed to keep the emotions in check for the wedding, and yeah, I'm a lot like that as well,... even a good commercial can get me misty eyed. Wedding was really pretty btw.

angela marie said...

Glad to hear the wedding went well...I love weddings.

I have done the 'tooth fairy forgot' routine too many times. I'm glad that I have a break now...the boys don't believe anymore and the girls have a few years to go before losing any teeth.

Shannah said...

Toothfairy managed to make it last night,.... this morning I got "I only got a dollar!" DOH!! Can't win I suppose LOL I'm sure she doesn't REALLY believe,... I could be wrong.... but she plays along so not to disappoint me I think LOL