Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A day in the life of Sis.......

As interviewed by Andrea Knapp.........

I was making myself busy in our oldests room,... putting together part 2 of the desk set we got him. When I get a rap on the door..... *sigh* I really hate being interrupted when I'm in the middle of stuff.... especially putting things together. I do directions well, but I still tend to screw stuff up. Took me over an hour to put the little seat together last night!!

Made my way to the door, and some strange woman standing on the other side looked back at me with a smile. I took a second look and realized who it was!! ANDREA!! Wow!!!! What a great surprise!!!! GAH!! I have paint in my hair from yesterday's work, in the same stinky paint stained sweats from yesterday as well. I'm a wreck!!

Me: "Andrea! it's GREAT to see you!! Please, don't mind the messy house or the messy me, and the multiple cats huh?"

Andrea: "Bah not a problem at all.... you should see my house!" (you ever know people who say that, then you go to their house and it's like spotless,... but they still think it's a mess?? I really hate that!!)

Me: "So, what brings you to this part of the states???"

Andrea: "Well,... I was wanting to go down to Detroit, but I seem to have gotten lost....." (*giggle*) "Seriously, I wanted to interview you, enquiring minds want to know more about this person we call Sis...."

*making our way down the hall into the oldests room*

Me: "Ahh well.... there really isn't that much more to know, but I'm game! Can I get you a Code Red or a glass of kool aid while we chat? let me clear you a spot to sit on the futon here...."

Andrea: "Hmm.... umm..... I think I'll pass...... how about we just start with the questions???"

Me: "Sure sure, that's fine..... can you hand me that tiny little wrench thing please?"

Andrea: "What 4 words would your kids use to describe you? (honestly)."

Me: "hmm.... that's kinda tough, I know tired would be one word, Jessica once wrote on a paper for 2nd or 3rd grade about what I did while I was at home,.... and it was clean and sleep. My kids think I sleep the day away..... Sydney the youngest daughter thinks I'm funny sometimes,... the oldest Brian he feels that I can be strict but actually understands it's with good intentions.... I think? LOL and I would say they think I'm fairly smart.

Andrea: "That's pretty nice..... now for the next question.... What was your most embarrassing moment. "

Me: "ish... I embarrass easily, so it might be hard for me to pick just one...."

Andrea: "That's fine, we'll take 2 or 3 or 4 or however many you wanna share, we don't mind having you relive these things!"

Me: "I think I'll just go with one, but thanks for the kind words...... anyhow, before DH and I married, we spent a wonderful Valentine's weekend together. He got us a nice room in Memphis at the Peabody Hotel,.... they actually have ducks at the top of this hotel that they parade down into the hotel's fountain thing... it's really quite cute... anyhow, we were with another couple, had some drinks and went to another club. It's a piano bar type set up. A lot of fun. Two guys play a piano each.. they play with the crowd and stuff. Well, for an amount of money, they will get you on stage and you get to sing/perform along with them. I do not like being center of attention and my sweet DH paid them, got me on stage,... and they did "Joy to the World" with hand movements,..... the guy first stood behind me and used my arms/hands to sing the song, then I got behind him and had to go through the song again,..... he would make certain comments throughout, like "WHOA!! Don't touch me there!!!" stuff sorta like that,..... I wanted to die. I can laugh about it now, and would probably do better with it now..... after a few drinks maybe????

Andrea: "hahaha... hmm... that's all you got??? I'm kidding I'm kidding hehe,.... okay, question three..... If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why? "

Me: "Wow, what a great question,..... and a tough one to answer.... there are again a few things I wouldn't mind changing,.... I'd love to be a bit taller,.... 5ft 2.5inches sucks sometimes,.... I would love bigger boobs, partly because I'd like to wear anything and not worry about how it's going to hang on me and the other part because I think they'd be a lot of fun to play with, and would be a lot easier to find bras that fit! But in all seriousness, I think if I could really change something I would like to be more outgoing in all aspects of my life. Less inhibitions I guess you could say."

Andrea: "Very good..... now for question four..... Have you ever had a moment that you remember as completely changing the direction of your life? If so, what was it? "

Me: "Hmm.... this is a tough one,.... I'm really not sure I've had any life changing moments outside of having my kids, everyone knows that once you have a child, your life is changed forever.... I right away tried to be a better person and wanted to be a good mother... sorry, it's all I can think of at the moment..."

Andrea: "yeah, that's kinda weak,.... maybe you can come up with something later on and share it with us at another time..... so, now for our last question, tell me a joke I have never heard before..."

Me: "Well, I don't know what you've heard or not heard,... but I guess I could tell you the one that my mom taught my brother when he was like 4yrs old,.... "Why did the monkey fall out of the tree???"

Andrea: "I don't know.... why??"

Me: "Because he was dead."

Andrea: "Uhh... yeah.... that's pretty sad.... I guess that ends our interview..... thank you for your time!!"

Me: "No problem, thanks for stopping by,.... drive safely!!"


My thanks to Andrea for the clever interview, the help putting the little bookcase together, and for not saying anything horrible about my messy house!

Now, the first 5 people who comment with the words "interview me" within their comment, gets to be asked 5 interesting questions by me! Then you post your answers on your blog, and so on and so on....... hope you join in on the fun!!!

4 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

I have never heard that joke before and it WAS funny! So thanks!

Shannah said...

ROFL!! Wow, I guess when you hear it for like months on end, it gets old fast,.... when someone asks for a dumb joke, that's usually my joke of choice,... I just couldn't think of a GOOD joke,.... glad you liked it :o) LOL

Cheryl said...

Ha! How come you get all the good questions?
Not really. Nice blog, funny, clever.
:-)
Joke:
Two nuns sitting in the bath. One says "Wears the soap?" and the other says "Yes, doesnt it?"

Ms Mac said...

That was a good one, Sis. I remember laughing raucously at the monkey joke in my teens.I still enjoy it. I do love these interviews but do not wish to be re-interviewed if that's ok by you.....