Saturday, March 12, 2005

Another quiet weekend....

Today has been as quiet and relaxing as most our weekends are. I was up by 7am and worked on getting Sydney ready for her Brownie day outing. Drove her to where she needed to be by 8am, picked up DH and I some breakfast from Sonic...... ate.... and vegged. HARD. We watched "nothing" on tv. Really isn't much on on the weekends in the mornings it seems. At 9:30 I had to pick Jessica up from her sleep over Birthday party. I'm very glad she went, as she was one of two that showed up for the party. The Birthday girl is a really sweet, loving kid. She's heavy for her 10yrs of age, and has a speech problem, so I'm quite sure it makes things difficult for her in the friendship department. Jessica told me how much fun they had, they stayed up till 3am and at 1am they went to the kitchen and had a "midnight snack" of yet MORE chocolate icecream :o) I was happy that she had such a great time, and surprised that she managed to stay up as late as she did.

We got home and I vegged some more. We were actually watching TV Land(NickTV),.... they were showing the 2004 Awards for the old shows,..... Three's Company, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith,... you know, all the classics. It was a lot of fun to watch, and sad sorta as well, to see how old these people are getting. What's worse, is we're getting older right along with them.
Ahh well.... I've never had a problem with getting older,... but I do have a problem with the fact that my kids are growing up on me.

When I got into the house after getting Jess home, I flopped down beside DH in my seat, and said "I know what I wanna do now!!" "Okay,... so long as it doesn't involve me, go do whatever you're gonna do" "You don't want to tell me that...." "sure sure, go do it, just leave me out of it" "HA! You don't want to tempt me!" He had no clue what I had on my mind. He still doesn't (as I type this out) My thoughts..... I was wanting a dog. Yeah, I know. 4 kids, 4 cats +3 kittens, and now a DOG??? I love animals,..... and a cute little lapdog would be great!!! Should've seen all the folks outside earlier with their dogs. Made me long to get one. Anyhow, I'd been to PetsMart sometime ago, and saw that they do the animal shelter deal between the hours of like 9am-1pm or something like that. I was all set to jump into the car and go see what they had!! I wonder what he'd of done???? I would've come home with a dog, and he'd of freaked out :o) It would've been hilarious. Well, after he got over the fact that I brought a dog home, and saw how truly cute it was right??? Anyhow, my mind wised up and said NO you can NOT bring a dog home...... you have to get rid of these kittens first!!!! :o)

And speaking of kittens,..... do they get colic???? One has been crying and crying most the afternoon.

I did finally get something done earlier,.... threw the dishes into the dishwasher.... that's when the Brownie leader called and said they were back, so I ran up and got Sydney. She jabbered on and on about what they did. She had a flag, it's like 2'x3' !! I don't know what I will do with it, other than leave it in its box... but it is a really nice flag, pretty cool. She also got to make a doll from a handkerchief,.... I told her how neat it was and cradled it like a baby,... to which she says "I don't like playing with that...." "Well, how come?? back in the olden days, this is a----" I was cut off with "I know I know.... but it's weird." End of story LOL I wonder if looping a string through a button and making it spin would impress her??? My Grandma made us kids those when we'd visit, and I could sit for hours messing with thing. But at least she had a great time, that's what was important.

I've been ripping CD's to mp3's to make a few discs for the truck,.... DH has gone to WalMart and then to this deal that his company is providing. DH has been a smoker for years, and some "new" thing is out. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but like pulses of electricity centered in the ear area?? and it's supposed to make it so that you don't want to smoke. He knows several that have tried this, and it's worked. So, we're crossing our fingers!!! My job now, is to go around the house and find any and all cigarette stuff and bag it and hide it all.

No comments: