Sunday, March 06, 2005

Productive weekend....

Another pretty nice weekend this weekend. Yesterday we slept in, the oldest was staying the night elsewhere, the girls were with their Grandparents, so it was just the youngest at home. I think I got up around 8:45 which is quite late for us. Vegged and watched some tv with the DH. He then made me a very happy woman..... and while I went to shower, he ran and got us some fast food breakfast, doesn't get much better than that!! Fed the youngest some lunch, put him down for his nap and I proceeded to get ready for a baby shower for a girl I have no idea who she is. It's a family thing, so I really felt obligated to attend. Was short and sweet and not very painful, so that was good. Spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching tv.

Today we sent the kids out the door to church with the Grandparents, got ourselves ready and headed to our favorite coffee place. Of course we made a quick stop off at WalMart and wandered around in the car stuff. Got some wax, towels and cleaner for DH's Firebird, and I got a new license plate frame and stickers for the back windows for the truck,... Dale Earnhardt Sr and Jr stuff :o) Got our coffees,... got my wedding ring inspected and headed for home.

Once we got here, we got out all the stuff for the Firebird and started in on it. Got it all waxed and buffed out nice. Cleaned out the inside really well too. Looks really nice :o) We did a great job. I put my stickers and frame on the truck,.. looks really sharp :o) Yup yup, we had a busy day. My shoulders/arms are rather sore from all the waxing. I guess that's a good kind of sore,... reminds me of how VERY out of shape I am.

Grams brought the 3 kids home from her house, and they played outside while the weather was so nice and we were so busy on the car. They have worn themselves out. Youngest has already had his "dinner" (always consists of a PB&J (or honey) sandwich, cheese puffs and banana) and was playing here in the livingroom,.... sat down on the couch and well, crashed out LOL Poor lil guy.

All in all though, a very productive weekend. Was good as the weather was just gorgeous. Of course, next weekend we'll make up for such productiveness and veg out really hard with the tv :o) Plus, Nascar will be in Vegas next weekend too :o) Tv worth watching!!

4 comments:

Ms Mac said...

You are so right about a fast food brekkie! I used to love an Aussie McDonald's breakfast.

Why did you have to get your wedding ring inspected? Was it being naughty?

Shannah said...

3rdTimes- I'm not too fond of toilets either, but until the kids can clean em like I want, I'm stuck with them LOL Glad that you enjoyed the interview :o) I enjoyed it too!

MsMac- LOL No, thankfully my ring wasn't being naughty. Every 6mos I get it inspected to make sure the setting is all good :o)

Fizzy said...

I love weekends like that.
have you a picture of the all waxed and sparkly firebird?

Shannah said...

Doh... didn't even think to take a pic of it after we were finished LOL Might need to do that today if he brings it home clean :o) Sure came out nice!