Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Is this my house?? Are these my kids??

Well, the Spring Break tradition has not changed. I can't think of a Spring Break where the weather was just perfect. We get rain and clouds and cold. I guess I can't complain, the kids DID get to play outside for awhile on Monday. Yesterday we weren't home long enough for them to consider being outside. Besides, it had rained most the morning. Last night brought more rain, and tornado threats,.... we were over at DH's aunts house ready to run for the shelter if anything looked severe. Thankfully nothing terrible brewed close to us.

Today, the ground is wet/muddy so NO going out today. However, the kids are being really REALLY good!! It makes me question, "are these my kids??" "am I in the right house???" I am just very happy that they're being so good together. Don't get me wrong, they're typical siblings, they fuss at each other over silly things. Geoffery, he's the boss of the house, orders them around. He was in Brian's room earlier, on Brian's computer. He ordered Brian "Out of my room!!" They ARE still kids after all :o) I did get a kick out of that though. I have to keep reminding myself that they're growing up. They're kinda growing out of that whiny bratty stage maybe??

We got up this morning. (I even got to crawl back into bed and woke just before 9am!! Wow!! I didn't know how to act.) After getting 3 of the kids some cereal, I vegged a bit with blogging, then set out to fold up and put away laundry. I barked orders to get chores done since the oldest was up. No one fussed,.... oldest did make a face,... "What??!! What??!!" I asked. "I just don't want to do chores" "yeah, well, chores don't go away just because it's Spring Break" I can't count how many times I have said that this week. That thankfully was the end of that. They all got in and did what few things I asked of them, and the 3 youngest took their turn on the computer, had lunches, youngest took his sorta nap.... more like a 2hr quiet rest in bed as he didn't ever sleep. He got up, they all got some chocolates and have been playing away, with the occassional break to pop into the livingroom/kitchen to see what I am up to.

I've gotten plenty done around the house while they played nicely with each other. I even thought to dust the ceiling fan!! Ick!! I'm sure glad I did. I knew it needed it, but dang,.... it was BAD!! Told DH that the cat was asleep on the floor under the fan,... when she gets up there will probably be a cat outline from the dust. I'm quite sure there was,.... and if it had been terribly noticeable, I'd of taken a picture to share with you all.

It's just about time for DH to be on his way home from work, and I've already got dinner cooking. Might watch a movie with the kids tonight. Whatever we do, it will be a quiet relaxing night I figure. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend with the hubby that's for sure!!

Dreaded grocery day tomorrow. Fun fun.

No comments: