Thursday, March 17, 2005

Got your green on???

Happy St Patty's Day!!

You know, after all these years, I really don't know what is so special about the day. What is the purpose for St Patricks Day??? I'm not Irish, at least not that I am aware of,.... I am a mutt after all, so there could be a drop of Irish in me??? My brother's Birthday is today, but I don't think that makes me anymore Irish than I was before he was born.

I just find it kind of amusing,... ever since I can remember, I would wear something green in my pajamas before going to bed at night, for fear of being pinched in the morning by mom. Not that she'd pinch hard I don't think??? Mom would also have a pin or something special that was green on it for the school day. I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but all the holidays were special in our house. I still have one of the pins she gave me when I was in grade school. I pinned it on Sydney's shirt this morning. It reads
"THINK GREEN" Each kid has had their turn wearing the pin. Kinda a family tradition,..... I suppose my Grandkids will wear it one day too???

The kids last night were careful to pick something for bed that had green in it,... the girls each had a bracelet that had some green, so they were safe, even my goofy 13yr old son wore a green shirt to bed,... for fear that one of us might pinch him. No one got pinched this morning,... so the kids sought out the cats. Poor critters.

So, to all you Irish and nonIrish peoples,... enjoy your
green
beer!!!!

No comments: