Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Oh my son....

In your wee 4yrs of life, you have come to amuse me greatly. You also have a great way of tormenting me. You are a child that does not lack a sense of humor.

I'm sitting here, attempting to relax, can of Code Red sitting here, 80's music blaring.... the kitchen is pretty clean.... got the hallway vacuumed really well (with his "help" I might add) and I hear him whine and fuss and argue down the hall. *SIGH* I know he didn't get his nap at Headstart today. He hardly eats any of his lunch there, so he's probably hungry which will affect anyone's mood.

He storms in here, has a marker in hand..... asks for a piece of paper "pwease" I can't hardly say no now can I??? I fumble for the paper, and drop several discs to the floor in the process. This child of mine, this sweet boy that makes me laugh and cry.... lets out this devilish cackle of pure delight as I let out a moan because of the mess I have made. Heads to his little desk, dumps everything from the top of the desk to the floor, making yet another mess,.... Mommy again "Awww Geoffery no!" Geoffery replies with "Muahahahaha" *SIGH*

The worst part of all of this??? You still can't help but laugh at the kid.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Sis, I have 3 like that! I know what it's like to want to be miffed but you just have to laugh. The little ratbags!

Fizzy said...

I love kids when they are that age... trouble is I still have them at ages 8, 12, 30+ !!! the eldest still wanders into the kitchen with a marker in hand asking for paper. You just have to love em don't you.

When my son was four he decied he was Fireman Sam and never left the house unless dressed up as his hero.Wellies, helmet, costume...podgey knees ahhhhhh cute

Shannah said...

Gary - Thank you for stopping in and commenting, glad you enjoyed your stay!

Ms.Mac - I love that "little ratbags" :o) I'm going to start using that more! I usually use "monsters" "hoodlums" or "my uglies" Ratbags :o) Love it!!

3rdTimes - Him being the 4th and last, I hope I am savoring each moment. I'm so grateful to be able to be home with all the kids, I know I will miss it when they start leaving the nest.

Sharron - Thank you for stopping in and for your sweet comment, they are pretty cute aren't they :o)

Fizzy - I guess they never REALLY grow up, at least not in our eyes.... always be our babies, and always will we love them, silly quirks and all :o)