Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Phew!

Talk about a long ass day. With the Dr's apt at 10am I needed to try and leave by 9am to be there on time. We got out of the house at like 9:05. Not too bad. Took the girls to their Grams, but it seemed they had overslept this morning, and didn't hear us at the door. So, told them to pile in and buckle up and off we went. Got to the clinic right about 10:10. Not bad at all. Considering all the rain we had to go through, not that that is a problem, except for the people that freak over it. I was crawling through a 55mph speed limit doing 45 for a good 10mins!! Was about to drive me bonkers.

Got to the clinic, it had been so long since the oldest DS had been seen there (he's generally in GREAT health) that I had to update his paperwork. Yay me. We were there over an hour before the Dr actually came in and saw the boys. I was feeling VERY impatient. These rooms are a tad on the small side,... or maybe it's just that since 5 of us were in there, it felt smaller. Youngest DS was having a great time playing with the Dr's chair,... that little seat on wheels,... the girls teasing each other... the oldest teasing the youngest... oh yeah, it was a LONG LONG wait!! Anyhow, Dr finally made it in, (when they were all quiet and patient finally) oldest is having growing pains in his knees. I thought it was shin splints or something.... but it's right under the knee. More common in boys he said too,.... He's also got an infected toenail,.... ingrown toenail. Fun. Youngest DS got a clean bill of health, his icky cough is just from a cold. So, OTC meds will be fine for him. Good deal. They got their suckers and stickers and I paid our bill and got the heck out of there!!

From there,..... yup, you guessed it,... WalMart!! Had to get a few things, and we each got a donut treat for being so good during our long wait at the Drs. After a good time wandering around there,.... and I swear, even though one is inside the cart, I still feel like a train or something. Or picture Momma duck waddling around with her brood behind her. The kids were wonderfully good,.... that sure helped, but it still seems to take forever to get through an isle.

Left there,.... ate our donuts on the way to Supercuts,.... the dreaded haircut. Oldest DS wants his head shaved. *groan* I know I shouldn't care how he wants his hair. I know that as he gets older, there will be much worse. But dang,... I dont want my 13yr old kid looking like he just signed up for the Army or something. I told him to tell the girl what he wanted. He didn't get just what he wanted,.... lol.... he still has hair :o) I was pleased with the outcome. I've not asked him yet if he's really happy. It's SHORT so I'm sure he's fine with it. He's just not at that age where it matters yet.

Geoffery..... youngest DS. He from the first haircut he ever got, till recently, is terrified of haircuts. A couple of times, I had him on my lap and held him tight to get his haircut. He would scream horrible screams like we were cutting his ears off or something. It didn't matter if it were scissors or clippers, nothing mattered, he screamed bloody murder. I came out of the salon one time, with full intention of getting my hair trimmed,.... I was shaking so bad after holding him down like I was, that I totally forgot. So, when he gets beyond shaggy.... I muster up the energy and take him in. The last cut he got, he did GREAT!! I was so thrilled. Today was another day, and he is a moody kid. I didn't think it was going to go as well. He surprised me though :o) He got up in the seat, talked to her,.... she talked with him and used just scissors so he was comfortable with that. Once she was done with the scissors, I asked her to try with the clippers to clean him up.... he got freaked, but not so much that he was screaming. Now when she turned on the blowdryer, he about flew out of the chair!! She shut that off quick fast LOL Phew!!! He looks like a new boy :o) So, out we went from there, with new balloons for being so good..... and two handsome boys and two beautiful girls, we headed for home.

DH is bringing fried chicken home for dinner :o) I'm SOOOOO up for that!! No cooking!!! Guess I will see what I can get done around the house before he gets home with dinner!! I think it's time for some more Madonna, since we didn't get to finish listening to all of it last night :o)

No comments: