Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Uneventful Day Today....

With a short trip to WalMart to have a bit of a wander, then I picked up some Burger King for the DH and I. This is always a nice treat, when he and I can do lunch together. It's raining right now, and nearly time to take Jess to Girl Scouts,.... not sure what's for dinner yet, probably something easy. Last night was really nice. I did another easy meal of BLT's for the kids and I and a big salad for DH. After we all finished eating, we settled in and watched a movie with the kids. Amusingly enough, DH's Aunt lives acrossed the street from us,.... she called in the middle of the movie, asking if we were hearing thunder. Well, come to find out, she was hearing the bass from our surround sound LOL Sheesh, I didn't realize it was THAT loud,.... didn't seem so inside the house :o) Was a nice evening though. Finished off with an episode of Charmed. I'm really enjoying that series. Very fun/cute.

I thought it had been awhile, and I would post another recipe. Truth be told, I much prefer baking over regular cooking. If I could bake dinners, I'd be all set..... but deserts are MUCH more fun!!! I had this recipe since Jr High,... it's one of my favorites to bake :o)

SNICKERDOODLES

1/2 C Butter (softened)
1/2 C Shortening
1 1/2 C Sugar
2 Eggs
2 3/4 C Self-rising flour
2 T Sugar
2t Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 F ( or 204 C )

Mix thouroughly butter, shortening, 1 1/2C sugar, and eggs. Blend in flour slowly. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls. Mix 2T sugar and 2t cinnamon and roll balls in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 mins or until set. Immediatly remove from baking sheet. Do not overbake.

I entered a cookie contest in WalMart some years ago,... I entered 2 different cookies,... this one took 3rd place :o) I'll post the first place cookie some other time. I hope you enjoy!!!

No comments: