Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Idle hands.....

Littlest one is home today, some sort of teachers workday or something going on. He LOVES to be home, there's just so much here that he would rather do than be at preschool. Plus, Mommy is here!! We dropped the other 3 off at school this morning, and on the way home, about to turn toward our street, he wants to know where we're going, he isn't ready to go home,..... he lets out a fake cough or two, and says in his most pathetic 4yr old voice "I'm sick". "You are not sick Geoffery" He is quite sure that he is,... he needs to go to the Dr. Yes, this child is thrilled to visit the Dr. Go figure. I hardly ever go, and when I do, it's usually at the stern recommendation of my loving husband. DH on the other hand, won't see a Dr unless he feels like he's dying. So, where did this kid get his love for the Dr??? I am thankful he likes to go, he likes his Dr and he loves the office where they've got a huge fish tank in the waiting room,... a large wooden train track to play with..... the nurses who like to weigh and measure how much he's grown. He's totally into this "it's all about me" time I think. He loves attention. I really am hoping he's the next Robin Williams.

We get into the house, he demands waffles. He's already had a bowl of his "marshmallow" cereal, and told him that we didn't have any waffles. So, down the hall to pout he goes. *sigh* great morning already! I've quickly learned that while he loves to be home rather than school (he enjoys school, but hates when I leave him there) he gets bored really fast. We've gone from playing on the computer, to having poptarts, coloring on an extra large piece of paper with lots of markers, to some cuddle time, talking to Daddy on the phone time,... now he's drinking some kool aid and playing "cars" on the GameCube. He's nothing but a bundle of energy.

So, to try and keep up with him, I did pour myself a cup of coffee, filled with lots of sugar and milk. I've been doing a bit of nothing so far this morning. A little blogging, watching tv, and trying to entertain the little ratbag *giggle* (thank you again ms. mac) I'm not sure what I will end up doing today if I do anything.

It's raining out right now,.... they said we could see some snow, but of course the rain will melt it all anyhow. It's cold (38F/feels like 33F.... or 3C/feels like 1C) and staying in, still in my jammies,... vegging out is rather nice. I just wish that it was Friday and we were looking forward to the weekend ahead.

So, what's for dinner tonight??? We're going to have meatloaf,... mashed potatoes & gravy, I'll dump a can of asparagus into a dish and ta da!! Maybe there will be enough for sandwiches tomorrow even! For desert, I have a box of Betty Crocker Hot Fudge Cake to fix up.... all sounds good. I think I'd almost prefer the cake NOW than later. Such a junkie I am.

Well, I suppose I could do SOMETHING around the house,..... two days in a row actually doing some cleaning, I shouldn't get lazy now right???

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

Always happy to extend someone's slang vocab!