Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Busy Bee Me

So, going to back track a tad. Sunday.... DH said "Lets put your XM stereo into the truck" Yay!! and I get to help :o) He thought it would be interesting/good for me to see how it was done,... plus you know the simple pleasure of getting to say "I did this...." I enjoy that. So, we headed out to the truck to poke around and see how it was going to be to pull the stock stereo out. He decided that a trip to WalMart was needed. Okay! Well, not wanting to slow things down, I just threw on a sweatshirt and brushed my teeth/hair and we were off.

*enter flashback music and effects*

When DH and I were dating, he would come visit me in TX. We stayed at a nice hotel there one time,.... we were getting ready to head back to my apt. the morning of checkout, and I just threw on my clothes, didn't mess with makeup or hair really.... figured why bother, we'll be back at the apt soon enough. Well, I forget how/why this came up, maybe because on the way towards the apt he decided we should stop and eat, and I might have said "EEK! I have no make up on!" He said something to the effect that he always makes sure to do whatever before leaving the house as you never know what you might do or who you might run into. For a long time I did remember this. Especially for when I'm out with him!! I would always primp even just a little just incase! I wouldn't be caught looking rough when I was out and about with him again! No sir!!

Well,... Sunday, it's just WalMart right??? No big. Just going inside for one thing.... one $4.00 thing. We pull up and park, and I look at him, and asked "Will you be embarrassed if I go in with you?" "of course not!..... but if you want to wait in the truck that's alright" (hmm... now that I think about it!! what did he REALLY mean??? LOL) "eh, I'll come in" Screw it right??? :o) I mean, it's just WalMart and do I look THAT bad???? (probably so, but I can put it out of my mind for awhile) We head towards the store, and guess what?? Yup, he runs into a guy from work. Aww now that figures. The guy was really sweet. He went on and on about how he sees the pictures on DH's desk and what a nice looking family, etc. HA! and there I am, hair a mess,... no make up, in grubby clothes. I swear,..... I just never learn!!! Oh well. It's still just WalMart right? :o)

Anyhow, we got the part that we needed to pull the stereo out, wandered around looking at stuff for his Firebird,... if you remember, we skipped a tool show a weekend ago, so as we wandered by the tool section, I pointed it out to him. He didn't understand at first, but was quick to head down the isle. SEE?? It REALLY IS the store,... it's not just me!!! We looked at tools,.... electric miter saws aren't cheap, did you know this??? I would like a "saws all" sometime too.... he wanted to get a set of pliers,.... found those.... plus a cool bag to throw it all into to store in the house. I found a couple screwdrivers,... you can never have too many of those I think. They're kinda like teaspoons,... with 4 kids, you use teaspoons!! So, we headed to checkout,... where our $4.00 item turned into $30.00 worth LOL I love WalMart!!

Got home, and started in on the stereo. Took a break for food, as it WAS his Birthday and his mom fixed a nice meal. Headed back home, and worked some more. I actually did help too :o) I'm not just another pretty face :o) LOL It was fun. I love when he and I can do stuff like that together. Ended up having to call his cousin though, to take my place, we were stuck with a spot and it was dark and the kids were home and needed supervison. They got the stereo finished up and we're all set. It sounds great too!! I can't wait to drive the truck now. Oh yeah,.... the Firebird has been in the shop since Thursday morning, hopefully we'll get it back tomorrow evening. So, DH is in the truck, while I borrow his mom's car. *sigh* LOL

Yesterday, I got in and painted our oldests room,..... looks so much better!!!! Covered up crayon marks, scratches in the wall,.... on of them said "Help Me" No joke. I probably should've taken a picture of that. I was amused sorta as I covered it up. I told him yesterday when I picked him up from school.... "If you wanna piss me off,... just start scratching and drawing on the walls again" I think I made my point???? That really was an all day thing,.... then I wanted to start putting his new desk together.... it really took me over an hour to just get the small little seat together. I'm pathetic with stuff like that, and it doesn't help when I've got kids in and out and bugging me either. I follow the directions, but yet can still put something together the wrong way, and have to undo it. I did it yesterday, and I did it today as I put the desk together. Which has taken me all day too. Of course I had several distractions throughout the day. Phone, tv,... food... that sort of thing :o)

BUT!! I did get stuff done. His room is looking tons better, just a few more things to get done, then I can start in on the girls room. I'm pleased with myself for sure. I do need to get off here and clean up the rest of the house. That's always a pain, spend all day doing one thing, and everything else goes to crap. The livingroom/hallway are a total wreck!! So, going to clean that up so I can start dinner.

No comments: